Alarm

Anything electric, AC or DC

Alarm

Postby Gerdo » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:49 am

I know, this isn't for my TD but for my TV. I want to but or build a cheap alarm for my 2000 4Runner. Just something to alert me if a door is opened. No remote, just a key or hidden switch. Any thoughts?
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dooner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:14 pm

Just a thought, run a wire from interior lights to the horn or a seperate horn and put a hidden switch in line. When someone opens the door,....HONK!.
If you want it to stay on even if they close the door, you will have to use a relay. Hook hot wire from your interior lights to the coil of relay. Ground other side of coil. Run a hot wire from battery to one side of contacts. From other side of contacts, run one wire to horn and one wire back to hot side of coil. You'll have to have a second hidden switch for that one. When door opens, coil is powered and horn blows. When door is closed, the extra hot wire should keep coil hot and horn will keep blowing.
Well, sounded good in my head. And it works pretty good at a bar where I have some vending machines. If anyone ever found out it wasn't a real alarm :lol: . Theives are sure stupid around here.
Dooner.
Image Image

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT!
Dooner
Gold Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets