1200 Watt gen for $199

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby bdosborn » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:26 pm

DHAZARD wrote:Image
This is the cover for the generator and AC with a little room leftover for storage. I’m to lazy to take it out so I built it in. I try and a good neighbor and keep things quiet, that why it’s in a sound insulated box. But if you want I can get a long extension cord and put it next to your trailer. :R

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! That's a super sweet cover for your generator!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Elumia » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:24 am

Bruce,
It looks like it is bi-fuel meaning it runs gas or propane. Also, looks like it runs for a long time on a 20# cylinder 40+ hours. Seems like that would mitigate time to search for more fuel. I'm suprised they aren't more common on RV's.

http://www.yamaha-propane-natural-gas-g ... 1000is.htm

Another question for you generator & A/C guys. Here in CA state parks you can't run the generator past 9 PM or so. Don't you run across that in other places? Seems if a lot of campers were running them all night the place could get a bit noisy. At least the honda ones are quiet.

Mark
Elumia
500 Club

Postby bdosborn » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:44 am

Elumia wrote:Bruce,
It looks like it is bi-fuel meaning it runs gas or propane. Also, looks like it runs for a long time on a 20# cylinder 40+ hours. Seems like that would mitigate time to search for more fuel. I'm suprised they aren't more common on RV's.

Mark

Its a little misleading in that "bi-fuel" means propane or natural gas. Its a one way trip in that you can't use gasoline anymore. I did a little lurking on the big RV site last night and it looks like a hassle to keep them supplied with propane as they use more propane than you would think (at least the bigger ones do). I'd look at the conversion a little more closely if I could still use gasoline. And finally since propane is $3/gallon in some places, has only 3/4 of the power output of gas I guess I'm stuck brining three kinds of fuel camping; diesel, gas and propane.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets