12 volt Electric blacket or bedwarmer

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby jeepr » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:14 pm

So I should quit wearing my magnetic boxer shorts?? :lol:
Mike C.
jeepr
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:02 am

Just get his and hers down comforters. A really heavy one for her, and a lighter one for him!

Then all you have to worry about is EMP. :o

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:36 am

i like the idea and recommendation of those electrowarmth pads... went to the website and couldn't get to the shopping cart or see a price.
I am near OKC and will check some good truck stops and put the word out to a trucking friend of mine. Might we find one there?

I like that idea of a pad laid on top of the mattress instead of tucking in another dadgum fitted thing around that snug mattress in that tight cabin! haha Sheets are hard enough !

Thanks for this thread... I was getting ready to buy an electric 'throw' not necessarily blanket, but the idea of the warmth under neath sounds good too.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:20 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:i like the idea and recommendation of those electrowarmth pads... went to the website and couldn't get to the shopping cart or see a price.
I am near OKC and will check some good truck stops and put the word out to a trucking friend of mine. Might we find one there?

I like that idea of a pad laid on top of the mattress instead of tucking in another dadgum fitted thing around that snug mattress in that tight cabin! haha Sheets are hard enough !

Thanks for this thread... I was getting ready to buy an electric 'throw' not necessarily blanket, but the idea of the warmth under neath sounds good too.

Julie

Julie, You'll need a fitted mattress cover to safety pin (included) the Electrowarmth pad to or it won't stay in place. It's well worth the effort, warmth on an old back is wonderful. :thumbsup: Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:17 pm

James--

We originally bought one for the car before we had the TD. like the car cool while driving. She likes to be warm while sleeping and navigating. When we got the trailer the first thing I did was slide the blanket into the sleeping bag with the cord running out the bottom. Plugged that thing in about an hour before bed time. Smartest thing I ever did. Missus was warm, toasty, and happy! :thumbsup: We have since bought a second one for the car. Both blankets came from Cabelas. We have had it plugged into the trailer all night without an electrical problem. We usually have to unplug it after an hour or so because it's too warm. I'll probably have it plugged in all night on Friday and Saturday this weekend sleeping at Lake Tahoe alone. I have no concerns about it draining the battery.:) Just my $0.02.
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Gerdo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:20 pm

I've got it all figured out. I tore apart a microwave oven and mounted the Magnetron in my TD. I panel mounted the controls. Right before I go to sleep I turn it on to defrost. I always wake up toasty!
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby brian_bp » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:04 pm

Gerdo wrote:I've got it all figured out. I tore apart a microwave oven and mounted the Magnetron in my TD. I panel mounted the controls. Right before I go to sleep I turn it on to defrost. I always wake up toasty!

Doesn't that only work in a metal-clad trailer? :thinking:
Gotta keep those microwaves bouncing back in to do their work! :lol:
brian_bp
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gerdo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:01 pm

I have lined my TD with Stainless Steel!
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets