110 ???

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby igofshn » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:12 am

mexican tear wrote:It kind of sounds to me that you want to use two (2) male plugs on the same cable. Please do not do that. It can be very dangerous. You can make a pigtail to hang out or a mountable male plug on the trailer. Then you can use a regular extension cord from the garage. Seems like the cheapest way to go to me.

kai

Why would I put 2 male plugs???? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: My intent is to make an extension type hook up that runs from my generator to 2 different boxes (one for the sleeper and one for the kitchen).
igofshn
Teardrop Builder

Postby cracker39 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:08 am

I already have my GFCI outlets, purchased when they were on sale. I will order my CS6000 converter/charger within the month, which has spaces for four AC breakers, negating the need for a separate AC breaker box. My cable from the shore power connection to my main breaker is a standard 30amp from a reputable RV Dealer. I've followed all of the advice given in this and other threads where wiring was discussed in what equipment is needed. All of the RV 30 amp cords I have seen so far are 10 gauge, as will be the wire from from my main breaker to my converter/circuit breakers.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:15 am

...Dale, as far as "juice" goes it sounds like all you haveta do now is build your TTT to put it in. I for one can't wait to see it for I know it will be a humdinger
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby GeorgeTelford » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:59 am

Hi Bruce

All I was trying to emphasise is the need for GFCI which did not seem to be mentioned in Crackers previous post or plans.

I mentioned the breakers because many people mistakenly believe a breaker (or fuse) will save their lives in the event of an accident, in reality (as you know) a breaker only protects wire/cable
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby bdosborn » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:49 pm

Oops.

I addressed my email to George but I should have made it to Dale.
Sorry for any confusion,
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets