Where to put battery if no room on tongue?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Where to put battery if no room on tongue?

Postby kludge » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Vent calculator for AGM batteries...

http://bdbatteries.com/h2ventcalc.php

Lifeline and SunXtender AGM Batteries gas 10% by volume, over the course of a charge or discharge.
kludge
Teardrop Master

Postby DougN » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:37 am

Too much tongue weight for my two 6V golf cart batteries, so I boxed and vented them in the galley. Put a clear acrylic cover so I can see them and so border security won't wonder what's hidden.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438324534.145519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438324534.145519.jpg (93.65 KiB) Viewed 954 times
DougN
Teardrop Inspector

Postby felixx » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:33 pm

citylights wrote:
tony.latham wrote:Your'e right, your basic marine battery vents hydrogen. It looks like your only option is inside.

AGM batteries are sealed -they don't need to be vented.. They are a bit more expensive but do not vent, and I think you can install them on their side if need be. You might search AGM batteries on this site.

The other option is a marine battery, inside, but vented to the outside. It's not infrequently done that way. They make battery boxes just for that issue I think.

Tony

Yup, if you put it inside, build a box sealed to the inside and vented to the outside.

I have a tear with galley. My battery is in the galley at the floorboard. Sealed to the sleeping compartment, vented out through the galley.

Mine too
felixx
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets