Does battery upgrade require Inverter upgrade?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Does battery upgrade require Inverter upgrade?

Postby Crabapple » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:31 am

I wish to upgrade my 3 yr old group 24/140 to something like group 27 or group 31 with better AH. Is this a simple as that or does the Inverter factor into it in anyway?
Did a search but couldn't find anything specific on this so thanks for the help on this.
While I'm at it, I would really prefer this style....
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motom ... p.html#srp

But it is way too big for the battery box which in my Prolite Suite is mounted in the storage bay under the bed. I suppose I could do away with the battery box all together and make
up my own to secure it from sliding around?
Crabapple
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Does battery upgrade require Inverter upgrade?

Postby H.A. » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Assuming voltages are the same, Just change the battery. Your inverter wont know the difference.
For hairsplitting details of basic electricity,
You may notice slight performance difference if you heavily load your inverter, but average uses probably wont.
H.A.
The 300 Club

Re: Does battery upgrade require Inverter upgrade?

Postby capnTelescope » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:59 pm

H.A. wrote:Assuming voltages are the same, Just change the battery. Your inverter wont know the difference.

+1 What H.A. said...

Crabapple wrote:I could do away with the battery box all together and make up my own to secure it from sliding around?

2 pcs 1/4-20 allthread cut to fit, 2 pcs 1/4-20 wingnuts with washers and lockwashers, 2 pcs 1/2-20 nuts with washers, 1 pc. top clamp--1x2 wood scrap cut for fit to the battery width + allthread and 5/16" thru hole in each end for allthread.
Drill 2 holes in trailer floor :frightened: to match top clamp, assemble, enjoy. I added caulk to the floor holes to prevent/reduce/slow :NC water intrusion. Probly oughta get terminal covers for the battery, just in case. :worship:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Return to Electrical Secrets