Converter and Load Center question

Anything electric, AC or DC

Converter and Load Center question

Postby IndyTom » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:38 pm

OK, here are the converter and load center I have on hand:
I have no concerns about the converter. It seems to work ok, to the best of my ability to test it. I don't have a convenient way of applying a heavy load to it, but it seems to be working. The load center, I am not as sure about. I really don't have any way to check the breakers, and there is no cover for the housing and I am a little nervous about not covering it. I am not sure how safe I would be making a cover out of wood, so I am not sure how to proceed. I am to the place where I need to start thinking about wiring, and now is the time to buy something if I need it. I plan to do all my wiring with 14ga extension cords. Red jacketed for AC and blue jacketed for DC. I just need to get the load center settled so I can be sure where I am going to put it. I want it in the cabin so if there is a problem at night or when I am inside away from weather, I have the load center inside with me. BTW I am building a slouchy that will have one queen bed and one bunk.
in a 7 X10 cabin.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Re: Converter and Load Center question

Postby dancam » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:28 am

For the cover buy tin for house heat ducting at home depot and cut it with tin snips and smooth the edges. Or any thin plastic about 1/8 or so depending on stiffness.
To test breakers find something rated for a higher load than in and plug it in. What are the breakers rated for?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
dancam
500 Club

Re: Converter and Load Center question

Postby IndyTom » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:46 am

There is a 30, a 20, and 4 15's.
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Return to Electrical Secrets