Electrical questions

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Electrical questions

Postby jimbo69ny » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:26 pm

MtnDon wrote:I have not been able to watch the video yet (low bandwidth 3G is all I have till I get back home). But I am very curious about whether or not, and how, you are going to use the heating/cooling system for the Tesla pack?

I have a fluid pump, Tesla fluid heater, cooling radiator, and a 3 way diverted valve (amongst many other parts). I can heat and cool the battery pack.

Inside of the teardrop I am thinking 2 ceramic heaters and fans.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby MtnDon » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:59 am

So the plan is to use power from the Tesla battery, convert, invert, whatever is necessary, and power the ceramic heaters? Assuming no campground AC power connection is available?

Would it be practical to use the Tesla battery heater system to extract heat more directly via the liquid heat/cool medium and radiator?
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby jimbo69ny » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:24 am

MtnDon wrote:So the plan is to use power from the Tesla battery, convert, invert, whatever is necessary, and power the ceramic heaters? Assuming no campground AC power connection is available?

Would it be practical to use the Tesla battery heater system to extract heat more directly via the liquid heat/cool medium and radiator?

Mostly. With the capacity I’ll have from the tesla battery pack I would be able to go off grid for a while. That is assuming I leave myself enough arrange to drive my electric vehicle back to civilization.

When I am parked in a location with electricity I would most likely be charging my car and the battery pack. At 240v I can charge at 42 A. It’s about 10kw in. If I am plugged in I can charge and use the inverters at the same time.
jimbo69ny
Teardrop Master

Postby friz » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:10 am

I can be off grid indefinately with a fantastic fan, lights, and charged phones with 50w of solar. No heat, refrigeration or ac. Thick bedding and a snuggle buddy do wonders for keeping warm. Fine control of the fan is also a necessity. Move just enough air to rid the interior of condensation

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets