AGM vs Flooded

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: AGM vs Flooded

Postby John61CT » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:40 am

Only trying to help, let me know if you'd prefer I didn't and I won't waste my time.

For the reasons outlined above, anecdotes do not establish proven reputation over decades.

The makers I mention as proven are in the NA market, but many are not US companies, I do not care about that factor, am very much an open borders globalist and think nationalism is evil.

The only two brands I know how good it is that is sold down under at reasonable cost is Full River, meh afaic but acceptable, and Exide, which I know is just a good Starter.

I think the higher cost required is due not just to tariffs and VAT but the high cost of shipping such heavy goods and a very small thin market, not your fault.

I just have no other information, by default since 99.99% of 12V batts sold are crap, have to make that the default assumption.

I have given you guidance on tracking down better ones, best I can. Aussie forums will give you more of what you want to hear.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MickinOz » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:28 am

John61CT wrote:You need to understand, that the design and construction of a battery intended for deep cycling storage is fundamentally different from starter batts.

Do not bother thinking you should adapt the latter for the former application.

Sorry.
By way of explaining my mood:
You got me off-side with this comment.
Soon as I read it I thought, "Great, every forum has one bloke who thinks he is the expert, and thinks everyone else is a moron."
Since I wasn't suggesting for a moment that I would even consider a starting battery....
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby John61CT » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:10 pm

No apology needed, I don't waste time coddling others' feelings, just on other things 8-)
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:27 pm

I chose the Lifeline as it was easily available and because the parent company does a lot of Mil spec batteries.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets