little guy 5 wide 2014 electrical grounding info

Anything electric, AC or DC

little guy 5 wide 2014 electrical grounding info

Postby davidreidok » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:24 am

I just purchased a 2014 little guy 5 wide basic teardrop with the electrical package none of the sink / stove stuff which is a good thing as I do have a lot of regular camping gear. It is in great shape and I am looking forward to camping in it.

Put in a new battery, purchased the battery charger / trickle charger as mentioned in this forum

also purchased the cigar lighter plug in voltage tester as mentioned in this forum. I plugged it in and it shows a flashing red led and no voltage info on the screen. No real explanation for the flashing red led except "wiring problem" Plugged the unit in my Tacoma and it gave me the voltage readout and a green led which indicates to me the unit is probably ok. The fuse in the little guy battery box is ok. I am wondering if there is something I need to do when using the 12 volt system when boondock camping. I do disconnect the little guy from my Tacoma when parked in the driveway.

But, my new battery charged and the fan and led lights work. The tail lights work as well when I plug into my Tacoma Factory Installed 7 pin round connector.

I looked at the box on the side of the teardrop front rail but really do not know how to test it.

Right now I think something maybe wrong with the wiring setup but do not know how to further test and find the problem.

I live in the Tulsa OK area and the nearest NuCamp RV dealer is plus / minus 100 miles away in the oklahoma city area.

Can any of the experienced little guy 5 wide owners give me more information on the junction box and how to test the entire system for grounding or other problems.
davidreidok
Teardrop Builder

Re: little guy 5 wide 2014 electrical grounding info

Postby davidreidok » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:10 am

This morning went out to the little guy 5 wide and reset the ground fault button on the galley plug in wall plate.

Plugged my voltage checker in the cigar lighter dealie and it showed green led and proper voltage.

New LG 5 wides might add this check to their list. :applause:
davidreidok
Teardrop Builder

Return to Electrical Secrets