Help with Solar hook up! Or!

Anything electric, AC or DC

Help with Solar hook up! Or!

Postby Spotman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 am

I have a 4 pin connection for TV. I also have two Interstate batteries that operate the interior/galley lights, 12v/usb plugs and Fantastic Fan . I may want to add a 12 volt refrigerator. Everything works off a Progressive Dynamics Power Converter, 120 v 60 Hz, 30 amp. Output 13.6VDC, 45A. This was all put in by the builder/former owner and everything works great.

I am not an expert by no means with solar. What is the best way to add Solar so I could add a 12v Fridge? I would like to maybe add a 7 pin to Teardrop instead so it can charge while driving also, I have a 7 pin on my truck already. Is the easiest way to go with one of those battery generators with a solar panel or figure out how to add solar to my teardrop? I have read a lot of the "expert" knowledge on here from those of you that have added either or. Your help is needed. TIA

Bob :thinking:
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Re: Help with Solar hook up! Or!

Postby tony.latham » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:43 am

Is the easiest way to go with one of those battery generators with a solar panel or figure out how to add solar to my teardrop?

I think the easiest way would to add the solar panel and a solar controller that feeds to your exhisting batteries. You just need a controller that can handle the amps the panel(s) put out.

But even easier than that is that fact that most suitcase style systems come with a controller so it would be an easy deal to rig-up a clean way to plug it into your trailer.

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to Electrical Secrets