Elevating Flexible Solar Panels

Anything electric, AC or DC

Re: Elevating Flexible Solar Panels

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:40 pm

Brrr! Nice picture Tony! We trust you are in warmer climes by the time you read this.

The transparent plastic protecting the cells on our cheap flexible panel isn't as transparent as it was two years ago. If the trend continues, I will probably cut it off and try and a better plastic. I'll be curious to see if the cells themselves degrade. So far they look fine.

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Onajourney » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:53 pm

I went back and forth on panel location. My roof real estate got gobbled up by the Pelican storage box, rod holder, fan , and awning. I was never real keen on roof mount panels for 1. I figure I will prefer having the trailer parked in the shade 2. Panel efficiency is drastically reduced if just laying flat. So I got 220W folding portable panel that I will deploy as needed and plugs into the side of the trailer. I also designed a cheap PVC portable stand that can rotate to face the sun and that can adjust angle up at sun. Got the parts and just need to build it. I will of course post it on my build journal which will be updated soon as I am done with the build and down to final siliconing some seams for good measure.
Onajourney
Teardrop Master

Postby LadyBell » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:10 am

Your idea of elevating the flexible solar panels is really intriguing and shows your creative problem-solving approach. It sounds like a practical solution to make the 21.5-inch panel fit within the space constraints while allowing for some beneficial air circulation underneath. While Windy Nation's panels might not be as widely known as Renogy, sometimes lesser-known brands can surprise you with their quality and performance. Of course, researching user reviews and feedback can provide more insights into their reliability. Additionally, as you fine-tune your solar setup, have you considered exploring Residential Energy Storage solutions? This company offers a range of energy storage batteries that could complement your solar panels, optimizing energy usage and enhancing overall efficiency.
Last edited by LadyBell on Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyBell
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:47 am

LadyBell wrote:Your idea of elevating the flexible solar panels is really intriguing and shows your creative problem-solving approach. It sounds like a practical solution to make the 21.5-inch panel fit within the space constraints while allowing for some beneficial air circulation underneath.

Have you started your build yet? Because back on the 4th of July you mentioned your intentions of building one, but here, on only your third post, you are offering fairly vacuous comments, much as a spammer might.

Edit: Yep! Two months later, the post was edited to add a SPAM link. :stompspam:

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly

Postby Vilmaeliasen » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:37 am

Your idea of elevating the flexible solar panels to accommodate a larger size is quite innovative. It could potentially allow you to use a 21.5-inch panel like Renogy while still fitting within the constraints of your setup. I've been contemplating solar panels for my own home, and I've been keeping tabs on a solar kit that might be a good fit for my needs. It's interesting to see how creative solutions like yours can help overcome specific challenges in solar panel installations. If you decide to go with this approach, it might be worth sharing your experience and results with the community. Your solution could inspire others facing similar constraints.
Vilmaeliasen
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tom&Shelly » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:14 pm

Vilmaeliasen wrote:Your idea of elevating the flexible solar panels to accommodate a larger size is quite innovative. It could potentially allow you to use a 21.5-inch panel like Renogy while still fitting within the constraints of your setup. I've been contemplating solar panels for my own home, and I've been keeping tabs on a XXX that might be a good fit for my needs. It's interesting to see how creative solutions like yours can help overcome specific challenges in solar panel installations. If you decide to go with this approach, it might be worth sharing your experience and results with the community. Your solution could inspire others facing similar constraints.

This clod's a spammer! :stompspam: Both of his posts advertise web sites that have nothing to do with campers. (Note it mentions its "own home" not a camper.) Anyone who would pay him to do this probably isn't running an entirely legitimate business and so I suspect they might be in the (actual) business of spreading malware to your computer.

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly

Postby AldoWatts » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:31 pm

Your idea of elevating the flexible solar panels to accommodate a slightly larger one sounds intriguing. It could potentially solve the space constraint issue. While I don't have specific experience with this method, it's worth exploring.
For expert advice and to ensure the structural integrity of your setup, you might want to consult with professionals. If you're in the Dublin area, solar panels dublin could be a valuable resource. They have expertise in solar panels and can offer insights into innovative solutions like this.
By discussing your plan with them, you can get a better understanding of the feasibility and potential benefits of elevating your solar panels.
Last edited by AldoWatts on Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
AldoWatts
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:04 am

AldoWatts wrote:Your idea of elevating the flexible solar panels to accommodate a slightly larger one sounds intriguing. It could potentially solve the space constraint issue. While I don't have specific experience with this method, it's worth exploring.

You've already spammed that. Twice! :stompspam:

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets