Tail lights?

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby Ken A Hood » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:20 pm

I have some similiar ones I got off eBay....... they only have 3 led's. They'd be good for a night light, or 2-3 and you might be able to read by them.

I found these ones though; but I think they are just a reg. bulb. but cool shapes!
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby Darren » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:12 pm

Those are very cool Ken. The cabin lights I have are 3 led's also.

Here is the blue light with my hand about 10" away from it.

This is the white light at 10" away.

Now that I've played with them in the dark I think they'll work out pretty nicely.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:21 pm

Chris C wrote:This is one of those items where I'm less concerned with price than I am conspiciousness. With no protection from a rear-end collision, I want as bright a set of stop and signal lights as I can possibly get. Do I need two tail/stop lights and seperate signals, or are these lights wired to do both?

Chris , do what ever makes you feel comfortable with the tail lights. I had some (cool) 39 Ford tail lights on mine at the beginning, but within a year I put on some bigger and brighter lights. I was always nervous when I went on trips for fear of getting rammed in the rear.
It was a relief to finally get some "good " lights in the back. Mine aren't LED, but they are a lot brighter than the 39 Ford lights.
This is a very important safety feature, plus you'll sleep better the night before your next trip.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:54 pm

ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Chris C » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:25 am

If anyone is interested, this is what I've finally decided to do. I'm really impressed with the magnifying lenses. They make the LEDs highly visible over the entire 180 degrees of view, so you don't have to be right in-line with them for them to appear bright to the viewer. They are not as inexpensive as some, but are a lot less expensive than others. Just think the link is worth passing on to anyone looking for lights.

http://www.buytruckstuff.com/product.as ... &p_gpID=44
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Chris C » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:11 pm

Well, I got these lights in and hooked up to a battery to see just how bright they really are. :? 8) I should have used welding goggles to look into the lenses! :lol: DANG these things are bright. :rofl2: If anyone is interested, I can vouch that anyone following behind a teardrop with these installed will surely notice your presence!!!!!!!!!

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby edevans » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:02 pm

I like the looks of those. Can you tell me the length and width? Also how many are you using? Thanks Ed
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby Chris C » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:46 pm

Ed,

Go back to the link I gave and click on New Dimensions. It'll give you a detailed drawing of the lights.

I just have the two...................but believe me, that ought to be enough!

Chris C

Postby ARKPAT » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:42 pm

Chris I converted the Harbor Freight light on the kit trailer that I bought from the to L.E.D. lights. We had a new Atwoods store opening close by. They look the same as ( more square ) as the kit lights that came with the trailer. For $37.50 harness brackets and lights with plug ( flat 4 plug ). They are very bright and easly seen. The tag light even lights the ground behind the trailer for visual under the trailer while rolling or backing.
:thumbsup:
:applause:
I also got some L.E.D. clearance lights from Walmart for the trailer.
8)

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Electrical Secrets