12 volt side of life.

Anything electric, AC or DC

12 volt side of life.

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:24 pm

I thought this was a book I needed to find eventually.

Dee Bee has posted a link in another thread but I am putting it here so It will come up in a search.

http://www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/12volt/12volt.htm

Wonder if someone 8) could make a sticky to keep this information in a stand alone thread. :thumbsup:

Thanks
Miriam

Edit A flaw was pointed out so I am putting it in here too. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GeorgeTelford wrote:
Hi

That site offers a broad picture, its not totally accurate, but does give a fair approximation of what goes on.

.... the diagrams showing battery interconnection are not done the best way (ie the first and second battery in the paralell diagram will charge and disharge a differeent rates thus causing imbalance and early death of the batteries)

Dee Bee Wrote:
George

You are right, I appreciate the expertise that electricians and engineers bring to this forum. But I really knew nothing about batteries and 12 volt things. I found this aritcle a great introduction inspite the errors you mentioned. After a while i saw these same things, too. I think the batteries should be shown as follows:

But all in all for the novice like me, it is a good place to begin

Dee Bee
Last edited by Miriam C. on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Chris C » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:05 pm

Miriam,

I thought that was already in Rich's List, but was wrong. I'd kept it from somewhere and it's good info. Thanks for listing it. Maybe Rich will pick it up and add it to his list.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:35 pm

Chris
This isn't a URL to a book. It is an internet page with charts and specfic information for 12v.

Miriam
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby GeorgeTelford » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:52 pm

Hi

That site offers a broad picture, its not totally accurate, but does give a fair approximation of what goes on.

Just as an example of a couple of the errors

The two state of charge charts disagree with each other and the diagrams showing battery interconnection are not done the best way (ie the first and second battery in the paralell diagram will charge and disharge a differeent rates thus causing imbalance and early death of the batteries)
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby Dee Bee » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:57 pm

GeorgeTelford wrote:Hi

.... the diagrams showing battery interconnection are not done the best way (ie the first and second battery in the paralell diagram will charge and disharge a differeent rates thus causing imbalance and early death of the batteries)

George

You are right, I appreciate the expertise that electricians and engineers bring to this forum. But I really knew nothing about batteries and 12 volt things. I found this aritcle a great introduction inspite the errors you mentioned. After a while i saw these same things, too. I think the batteries should be shown as follows:

But all in all for the novice like me, it is a good place to begin

Dee Bee
Grace happens...
Dee Bee
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:37 pm

Thanks Guys
I admit I pay little attention to batteries other than do they work. Now, if there was some way to edit my post with Dee Bee's chart. Perhaps I can quote it and put it in as an edit.

Good catch.
Miriam
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Chris C » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:45 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Chris
This isn't a URL to a book. It is an internet page with charts and specfic information for 12v.

Miriam

I know. As I mentioned, I have had the link for a long time now, but thought Rich had it in his list. And as I also mentioned, I was incorrect.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Return to Electrical Secrets