Trailer blinker light

Anything electric, AC or DC

Postby GeorgeTelford » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Hi Jack

the answer was no seperate circuits and the need was not absolute so in this case multiple lights(on each side) would be wired parallel on each respective side...

I do not see where these fact's are confirmed, did WB contact you by PM?

The relay wiring would seperate the functions for the trailer if thats what woodbutcher wants to do.

And I really enjoyed working out a solution anyway, I enjoy doing IQ tests and logic puzzles.
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby Sonetpro » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:30 pm

}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:41 pm

Thanks guys. I will check out the logic circuit that Sonetpro listed..Thanks
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GeorgeTelford » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:06 am

Hi WB

Do be very careful, they appear to be for adding an extra (third) brake light and LED's at that, the output from this will be a very low power output that may not cope with the power requirements of two stoplights.

I have looked at the PacerPerformance catalogue (thats who make the logic unit's in Sonetpro's link) and it doesnt according to their spec do what you want, not enough power by far.
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby Sonetpro » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:54 am

Woodbutcher wrote:http://tinyurl.com/mktnj

These are the lights I ordered. They are LED.

George, These are LED that we are talking about.
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby GeorgeTelford » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:28 am

Hi Sonetpro

The linked logic dubberries are for powering 1 Led stoplight not 2, they specifically state it is for one. check out the Pacer performance website.
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:00 pm

OK guys what do I do now? Should I just wire them in parallel and call it a day? My main reason for 4 rear lights was just to make it hard to miss me.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby madjack » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:12 pm

iff'n ya askin' me, I say wire 'em up parallel and go have a cold one...at most, I would use the logic circuit to add a third brake light.........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Leon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:22 pm

I think if you wire them up parallel, they'll see you because of the amount of signal that you'll have back there. If you can, you might think about mounting one light of each pair aimed a little higher than the other. That way the main beam from the lights would cover a larger area. Some lights are focused more than others and it may or may not be necessary with the lights you bought.
Leon
Silver Donating Member

Postby GeorgeTelford » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:51 am

Hi WButcher

Are the functions seperate on the tow vehicle ( I Have asked ages back still no answer )

with the fact that they only fitted a 4 wire connector I am guessing the functions are combined on the tow vehicle.

Simplist if the trailer lights are LED is parralell them though to the tear, if you want to (have functions seperate) you can then use my circuit which will completely seperate the functions OR 2 of the circuits Sonet posted one for each side which will only seperate the brake light function (both will flash for indicating)
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby George Kraus » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:12 am

Use 2 logic circuits, one left and one right?

Enjoy 3 cold ones and think it over.

George :beer:
Started on the long road to happiness
George Kraus
Donating Member

Postby GeorgeTelford » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi George

Yes thats what I meant when I said

"or 2 of the circuits Sonet posted one for each side which will only seperate the brake light function"

but using two off 2 output relays would be cheaper and not so limited on power.
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:57 pm

Ok, I work out of town and just got home. I took off the tail light lens and looked. There is one bulb for the backup light and 1 bulb for the stop/blinker. So this then would mean that I must get 2 logic circuits and put one between the 2 rear lights on each side of the trailer? I hopr this ends it. I appreciate all your advise guys. The only thing I am worse at then electrical is plumbing, and thank God there is none of that in this project.

I just went to the fridge for a beer.....
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Sonetpro » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:15 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:Ok, I work out of town and just got home. I took off the tail light lens and looked. There is one bulb for the backup light and 1 bulb for the stop/blinker. So this then would mean that I must get 2 logic circuits and put one between the 2 rear lights on each side of the trailer? I hopr this ends it. I appreciate all your advise guys. The only thing I am worse at then electrical is plumbing, and thank God there is none of that in this project.

I just went to the fridge for a beer.....

I think that should do it. I looked at the desciption and I think the logic circuit would handle the 10 LED lights fine.
I really like those light's.
Now what about the plumbing for your sink. :lol:
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby GeorgeTelford » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:54 am

Hi Woodbutcher

If I am understanding you correctly, you want the Brake lights to operate completely independantly of the indicator lights, ie when indicating ONLY the indicator flashes and when braking ONLY the brake lights show, if this is the case then the logic circuits will not do it

The logic circuits will always use the Pair of light's (indicator and brake) when braking, but only one light from each side when indicating.

Are the lights on the trailer red for braking and Orange for indicator? if so the logic circuit idea will not work for the above reason.
GeorgeTelford
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical Secrets