Propane fired camp fire pits.

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Propane fired camp fire pits.

Postby slowcowboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:18 pm

How many l8ke and use the pretend propane fired gas camp fires..?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Re: Propane fired camp fire pits.

Postby bc toys » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:37 am

I have one for when we have fire bands but to be honest I like it it puts off lot of heat and I don't have to go buy wood
I have the camp chef one
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Bill n Robi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:52 am

Little red campfire. With the optional warming stand, adds a spot to keep something hot. Great to take the morning dew off the sun shade so we don't have to pack it away wet. No worries about putting out a campfire at night and starting one in a wet ring the next day.

And best of all, no asthma attacks or breathing issues from the smoke.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
Teardrop Master

Postby Socal Tom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:00 am

Little red campfire here too. Takes little space, easy to set, easy to use, no smoke. But no coals, so s’mores are hard to make with out burning. Kids don’t seem to mind. A round here they don’t like you to transport fire wood, and ground fires are usually forbidden, so you have to bring something anyhow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby bc toys » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:34 am

I have found that it goes threw the gas pretty fast about a tank ever 4 days for us how is everyone elses doing on the gas
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Socal Tom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 am

bc toys wrote:I have found that it goes threw the gas pretty fast about a tank ever 4 days for us how is everyone elses doing on the gas
I haven’t run mine more than an hour or so at a time, so haven’t really noticed the gas use
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby Bill n Robi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:51 am

bc toys wrote:I have found that it goes threw the gas pretty fast about a tank ever 4 days for us how is everyone elses doing on the gas

They do go fast on the disposable canisters as they don't fully use the remaining gas. We would save them and use inside the tent to dry them out. Most places don't like you to throw them out at camp grounds so we switched to the refillable 1 pound tank, just connect to the main tank and top it off in the afternoon so it is good for the evening and next morning.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
Teardrop Master

Postby Socal Tom » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:53 am

Bill n Robi wrote:

They do go fast on the disposable canisters as they don't fully use the remaining gas. We would save them and use inside the tent to dry them out. Most places don't like you to throw them out at camp grounds so we switched to the refillable 1 pound tank, just connect to the main tank and top it off in the afternoon so it is good for the evening and next morning.

Mine connects only to a bulk tank, maybe that's why I don't really notice.
Tom
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:56 am

the "FLAME DANCER" firepit that E-trailer sells is probably one of the most fuel efficient one's being sold out there!! I did not buy mine for that reason - bought mine for it storage size being it is about 12/13 inches in diameter and fits inside a 14 inch Camp Chef DO bag for carrying. I had never used mine much for the first couple years I had it, but later all of the others I am camping with were complaining about how the firepit they had used so much fuel - than they all were telling me how I needed to get rid of the one I had and get the Flame Dancer brand one being it is the one that used hardly any fuel - ALREADY HAD IT !!! And YES it is very fuel efficient. I have gone over 3 nites (2 to 3 hours a nite) on my 2.5 gallon tank that I carry.
gudmund
The 300 Club

Return to Camping Secrets