Walmarts 8" Queen sized mattress................

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby planovet » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:43 pm

bobhenry wrote:HELP ! I need a electric carving knife and an extention cord so I can get out

:lol:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Nice to know kitty is on the road I can survive until you arrive. Have enough air just be sure to not forget the carving knife. :lol:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby rebapuck » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:15 pm

You know, I've been looking at those pictures for a few weeks but it only just dawned on me that you had to make up those beds. Isn't it a PITA?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby planovet » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:00 pm

rebapuck wrote:You know, I've been looking at those pictures for a few weeks but it only just dawned on me that you had to make up those beds. Isn't it a PITA?

Not really. Cindi on one side and me on the other and it goes pretty quick. Much more comfy than a sleeping bag.
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:41 pm

I use a sleeping bag too..but i'm a notorious slob.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby BillandMarijo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Love our Queen memory foam mattress. They really are comfy and well worth the price.
Marijo and Bill :relaxing:
Hope to see you on the road.
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
Marijo Haselbarth Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby godskid » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:19 pm

I just got Walmart's 6 inch "eco" foam mattress. The bottom layer appears to be less "memory" than "support" foam --- and that's good, cause I want some support. I'll let you know next week how I sleep (trip this weekend) but since I've already sliced it quite handily with my electric turkey-carver knife, I guess it's mine for keeps :D I also have the thinner layer of memory foam that the teardrop *came* to me with .... which could be added back in, on top, if needed. The 6" mattress feels yummy just testing it!
godskid
The 300 Club

Postby BillandMarijo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:47 pm

godskid wrote:I just got Walmart's 6 inch "eco" foam mattress. The bottom layer appears to be less "memory" than "support" foam --- and that's good, cause I want some support. I'll let you know next week how I sleep (trip this weekend) but since I've already sliced it quite handily with my electric turkey-carver knife, I guess it's mine for keeps :D I also have the thinner layer of memory foam that the teardrop *came* to me with .... which could be added back in, on top, if needed. The 6" mattress feels yummy just testing it!

We also carved ours to a custom fit. Lol
Enjoy.
Marijo and Bill :peace:
Hope to see you on the road.
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
Marijo Haselbarth Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:35 pm

rebapuck wrote:Do you guys seriously use sheets? I use a sleeping bag in the VW and the Puck.

I'm with you Judy. When i was camping in the VW Westfala used two zipped together and a comforter on top for the realy cold nights. Several times below zero F.

In my tear drop i have the mattress cut into 3 pieces as i have a nice deep foot well and i use the middle section for a couch back over the front part. The sections are all wrapped in sheets. Held on by duct tape. For covers i have a banket with a comforter over that tucked into the foot part. Just use what ever the weather calls for. In the morning i just shove the covers under the cabinets with my feet and my bed it made.

Being a slob has its rewards.

:)
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:41 pm

b.bodemer wrote:...Steve....glad you are already using one and like it. Makes me feel better about spending some extra $$$ on it.

Barb
ps..........I've got to get off the board now and work on my td!

Barb and Steve,

How do you think this mattress would perform as a replacement for your regular bed mattress? The reason that I ask is that I have been eyeing one of these at Wal-Mart and considering it as a replacement for my regular bed mattress. Do you think I would get any longevity out of it?

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby artwebb » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:08 am

I'd like to know that, as well
I'm not old, I'm Vintage!
artwebb
The 300 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:20 am

Todah,
I think this same mattress would be nice to sleep on every night ....................when I purchased mine I opened it up and then put it into the td to make sure it fit nicely when the walls were up.

Then I needed a place for it until the td was completed so for 8 months I used it as a reagualr mattress. The funny part was I had a queen bed at home and just put this one on top of it. 8 months later when the td was completed I took it outside and then slipped it into the cabin area.

I know regular mattresses are supposed to last a long time. The Walmart 8" stated on the box it was good fpr 5 years. I think it would last longer.
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 am

b.bodemer wrote:...I know regular mattresses are supposed to last a long time. The Walmart 8" stated on the box it was good fpr 5 years. I think it would last longer.
Barb

Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience. It was a very valuable review. I believe I will be purchasing the mattress this holiday. I have looked at the traditional spring mattresses, but the demo of this mattress that is setup at Wal-mart felt like it would be very comfy. You have solidified that for me.

:applause:

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby artwebb » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:56 pm

Your WalMart had a Demo set up? :o They'd probabbly seel more of them if they did that at more locations
I'm not old, I'm Vintage!
artwebb
The 300 Club

Postby Todah Tear » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:55 am

artwebb wrote:Your WalMart had a Demo set up? :o They'd probabbly seel more of them if they did that at more locations

The demo is not big though. It is only a section that is about 24" X 16" that you can press down on it with your hand and it is afixed to a top shelf. If they would spare the space for a mattress, they would sold me one the first time that I saw it. Since I couldn't get an idea of how it would feel to lay down on the mattress, I had reservations and delayed the purchase.

Todah
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Camping Secrets