Zodie Extreme camp shower

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Zodie Extreme camp shower

Postby Redline » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:49 pm

Hello everyone,
Would you have some thoughts about, or experience with, the Zodie Extreme camp shower?
Thanks!
Here's a link to what I am considering: http://www.zodi.com/web-content/Consume ... hower.html
Redline
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SkipperSue » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:31 pm

That looks like a bug sprayer with a little stove under it. :R This gives me ideas. :twisted:
Skipper
SkipperSue
Gold Donating Member

Postby igofshn » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:46 am

I use a 3 gallon bug sprayer with a kitchen sink sprayer attaced to the hose. Add some hot water or let the sun heat it up and you get a great shower. 3 gallons is plenty to take a shower.
igofshn
Teardrop Builder

Postby eamarquardt » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:04 pm

I bought a 20 something quart pressure cooker at a garage sale for $5. Removed the regulator and gauge and installed a fitting with a tube soldered into it so it would pull water from the bottom of the cooker and direct it into a kitchen sink sprayer via a small hose. Then I added a schrader valve (like the inlet for an inner tube) so I could pressurize it with a bicycle pump or small compressor. Left the safety plug in but later replaced it with an industrial unit and added a gauge (I welded up the lid so I had enough thickness to drill and tap but you could do the same thing - adding oulets with small pipe fitting). Fill it with three gallons of water, heat it on a fire or burner, put on the lid, pressurize it, and you have a 3 gallon shower as hot as you want. Sounds like a lot more trouble than it really is. The pressure cooker also doubles as a dish washing sink. When the dishwater gets cold, you just heat the cooker up on a burner.

Eric "Gus" Marquardt
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby nubwon » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:26 am

I got the regular zodi shower online from walmart. Its cheaper, and works realy well.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4698021
They aren't available at our local walmart. It may just be an online purchase.
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff...
nubwon
Teardrop Master

Postby igofshn » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:01 pm

It is available at our Super Walmart.
igofshn
Teardrop Builder

Return to Camping Secrets