ZODI Heated Shower

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

ZODI Heated Shower

Postby PresTx82 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:53 pm

I have been convinced by my wife to purchase one of these for our summer outings this year.

Has anyone had any problems with them, or do you recommend them? They seem a little flimsy!
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby PaulC » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:03 pm

Mark, there's a thread here somewhere that discusses the Coleman as well as the one you are looking at.
I'll have a little look and see if I can find it.

Try here http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=9811&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby igofshn » Fri May 04, 2007 8:48 am

The ZODI works great. It takes about 2 galons of water to take a shower.
igofshn
Teardrop Builder

Postby BobR » Sat May 05, 2007 6:09 am

I have the Zodi two burner and it works great. Althogh I did make some modifications. I use a 12v demand and a sink sprayer nozzle to get much more water pressure. My setup allows me to recirculate the water in a 7 gallon plastic jerry can. That way I bring the water up to tempurature before showering. I can then turn the water on and off without having to worry about having flow through the heater unit. End result, hot water, high pressure and water conservation.

Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby mikefowler » Tue May 08, 2007 2:17 am

The shower Rocks got one at wally world last Summer and took it to Mexico on a Mission trip We get 2 gals of water a day for cleaning up and this baby worked great and I didn't have to mess with the Solar Bag :thumbsup:
Aerodynamics are over rated!
I DRIVE A BOX!
Scion XB 2006 - 5 speed Manual
My continuing saga of 'As the TTT is built"
mikefowler
Teardrop Advisor

Postby PresTx82 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:15 pm

I picked up the Zodi and it worked great. I also picked up a shower tent and we were in camping luxury for several days.

:thumbsup:
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

I got the shower

Postby doitright » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 am

I own the same set up from wal-mart. It works great or did that is the shower tent. We went camping in Nov. and the shower worked great but the tent is a daytime tent. I put a little light in the top for night use and let my wife take a shower first then me. Wehen I got done my wife asked me if I liked the show when she took a shower? It seams the the tent is almost see through at night with a light in it :o Now she will only take a shower very late at night when the other campers are not walking around. :thumbsup:
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby clkelley564 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 am

I just bought one. Haven't used it for a shower yet, but do use it to heat water for dishes. It works great!!!
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby clkelley564 » Tue May 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Here's a picture of my Zodi Shower mounted on a propane tank with the fresh water hose adapter. The pump that came with mine eats D Cell batteries like candy. I also didn't purchase the Zodi tank adapter, I'm just using a standard two-piece propane tree from Wally World.

Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby youandi » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:02 am

We also use ZODI,

Here is what we use :thumbsup:

I highly recommend the Extreme Shower by Zodi
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

youandi
Teardrop Advisor

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:43 pm

There's something I don't understand: What happens to the used water when you're showering? Do you just let it run out onto the ground or do you catch it in a tub or....?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby fpoole » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:28 pm

I use a 12v demand and a sink sprayer nozzle to get much more water pressure. My setup allows me to recirculate the water in a 7 gallon plastic jerry can. That way I bring the water up to tempurature before showering. I can then turn the water on and off without having to worry about having flow through the heater unit.

I've got a 2 burner also, with the 12v pump and the propane tank holder.

You mention and sink sprayer nozzel on/off.... do you have a pic? I was planning on using a 8 gal plastic bucket (restaurant bucket) but have to keep the nozzle back into the tank if not using it. Have already used the D-cell and discovered it went out - just stopped cold, got the burners red hot and partially melted the rubber hose.

do you have a pic of the nozzle? on/off? or do you have it split so the water keeps recirculating until the nozzle is turned on... If that is possible.

thanks...

was trying to set it up last trip, but never got the time.. so many things, so little time... LOL...
...just 'Camping Inn' the PNW
Washington Trailer Folks
fpoole
fpoole
Teardrop Master

Postby Jiminsav » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:20 pm

S. Heisley wrote:There's something I don't understand: What happens to the used water when you're showering? Do you just let it run out onto the ground or do you catch it in a tub or....?

I was wondering the same thing, since throwing grey water on the ground seems to be taboo in most places.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Zodi

Postby Alaskabear99687 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 am

These things are great. We (me, wife, 11yr old son) lived on some property for a year without running water and got one of these for showering. I hooked mine into a 10 gallon tub with a water (garden) pump to circulate the water and away we went. All three of us could take a shower with water to spare. As for the gray water issue it shouldn't be if you use biodegradable/earth friendly soaps (which I recommend for camping)
Alaskabear99687
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PresTx82 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:48 am

There's something I don't understand: What happens to the used water when you're showering? Do you just let it run out onto the ground or do you catch it in a tub or....?

Let it run out onto the ground. What else are you going to do with it? You're camping!
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Next

Return to Camping Secrets