tired of fighting sheets?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

tired of fighting sheets?

Postby doug hodder » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:35 pm

This time while the mattress was out of the tear. I laid the top sheet on it, tucked the tail portion under the mattress...Then I pinned the sheet together at the bottom sides of the mattress...Sewed up the sides and it makes a pouch that fits over the end of the mattress...

Seems to be easier to make the bed at least for me and I don't get my feet sticking out in the middle of the night. Fighting to tuck in the bottom edge under a closet is a real hassle. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby pauld3 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:39 pm

:o That's how the old water bed sheets were...sure made it easier huh?

Thanks for the GREAT idea!!!

Lynn
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Postby apratt » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Good Idea Doug. When I do get my tear built, I am undecided weather to use sheets or sleeping bag. I am afraid that sleeping bags will be too hot. Lots of times all I use is a sheets and a thin blanket sometimes. :thumbsup:
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:34 am

We used sleeping bags on our trip to Minden. We only had 1 night where they were too hot for the first half of the night. My bed can convert into a table, haven't done that yet, but it can be done. I think regular bedding would be too much hassle for the converting part so I chose to use sleeping bags.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby TLC » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:36 am

Doug:
Here is a trick I picked up somewhere along the line. The top sheet has a larger hem at the top and bottom. Open the bottom hem at the side and insert a small diameter cafe type curtin rod inside the hem. Now you can tuck the top sheet under the mattress from one side of your trailer and it's less likely to come out during the night. Works for me!!
Tom ;)
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Why do firemen wear red suspenders?

Postby Filifera » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:13 pm

Heck if I know, but our first campout in the little guy was problematic because the double-bed jersey sheets I brought along would not stay "fitted" to the slightly less than double-bed sized mattress.

Solution: Suspenders, elastic, with clips on the ends, clipped to each corner under the mattress. At least in theory.

I couldn't find any in the stores around here, so I tried eBay and 1 week later we are IN BUSINESS. Nothing came untucked (sheetwise that is) on last night's trip, so, it worked! No sewing needed and I can still use the sheets elsewhere in the house, they came off a futon in the sunroom.
Filifera
Teardrop Inspector

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:45 pm

I tried them also...and they did work for me, but were more of a hassle for me than just sewing up the sheets...as I only use the sheets in the tear...and trying to get my fat body in there, underneath the closet and trying to use the elastic things were too much of a hassle...I think it also depends on what you have for a mattress. I found that I can make a bed faster than before with less hassle...and I still think that is a great contest for a gathering..."who can make a bed the fastest in a tear" I don't care what anyone says, if you are doing sheets and a regular bed...it's a pain!!! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Micro469 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:59 pm

doug hodder wrote:I tried them also...and they did work for me, but were more of a hassle for me than just sewing up the sheets...as I only use the sheets in the tear...and trying to get my fat body in there, underneath the closet and trying to use the elastic things were too much of a hassle...I think it also depends on what you have for a mattress. I found that I can make a bed faster than before with less hassle...and I still think that is a great contest for a gathering..."who can make a bed the fastest in a tear" I don't care what anyone says, if you are doing sheets and a regular bed...it's a pain!!! Doug

Two people... two doors.... don't see a problem. 8)
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:07 pm

We use a fitted sheet on the bottom over a mattress pad and heated pad.
We just throw an opened sleeping bag or a comforter on top.
If I get hot I just stick a foot or leg out from under and everything is then okay.
I can't see any reason to have a top sheet and deal with the hassle, can't now anyway. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:07 pm

Micro469 wrote:Two people... two doors.... don't see a problem. 8)

John....1 person, 1 totally unhelpful dog...an issue, if not a problem...but I do make it up well in advance, it's always ready to go..I never have to make it up in the field...Doug

Danny...I'm a "tuck in the sheet at the bottom of the bed person" Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:30 am

halfdome, Danny Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We use a fitted sheet on the bottom over a mattress pad and heated pad.
We just throw an opened sleeping bag or a comforter on top.
If I get hot I just stick a foot or leg out from under and everything is then okay.
I can't see any reason to have a top sheet and deal with the hassle, can't now anyway. Danny

Danny I'm the same way. :)
When it gets hot I turn the cotton inner lining out and sleep on the nylon outer shell of the sleeping bag.
;) If realy warm I just sleep on top of the sleeping bag and use a light cotton sheet. :thumbsup:
If it is still to hot then the A/C. :D

Pat :thumbsup:
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Italia » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:51 am

We use a travsack. It has a winter side and a summer side. You can find them on sale some times for a fair price.

Chris
Italia
Teardrop Master

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:10 am

Italia wrote:We use a travsack. It has a winter side and a summer side. You can find them on sale some times for a fair price.

Chris

A little spendy but looks nice and comfortable :thinking: DannyImage
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

making the bed

Postby Eunice » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:57 am

I have two peopl and two doors and I still dont like it because it isnt as smooth and neat as I prefer.
I agree with Doug it is a pain!
I am going to try both the curtain rod and the suspenders.
great ideas
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Italia » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:59 am

[]
Italia wrote:We usr=blue]A little spendy but looks nice and comfortable :thinking: Danny[/color]Image

Don't forget you are getting two comforters and a set of sheets. And you will have it for years. We like the Camping World Trava Saks.

Chris
Italia
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Camping Secrets