Jiffy Pop

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Jiffy Pop

Postby fornesto » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:22 pm

So easy and so fun while camping. I don't why I get such a kick out of it.
fornesto
Donating Member

Re: Jiffy Pop

Postby Mary K » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:47 pm

fornesto wrote:So easy and so fun while camping. I don't why I get such a kick out of it.

My friends Mom caught some on fire once when she was a kid, so she is skeert of it. :lol: :lol:

It is fun though. :thumbsup:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:56 pm

fornesto wrote:So easy and so fun while camping. I don't why I get such a kick out of it.

...that one is easy...folks ALWAYS like to watch stuf blow up :D :lol: ;) ............................. 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Mary K » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:03 pm

madjack wrote:

...that one is easy...folks ALWAYS like to watch stuf blow up :D :lol: ;) ............................. 8)

YEAH!! That's so TRUE!!! :yes: :yes:

Have you ever put a marshmallow in the Microwave?? It gets REALLY BIG!!! :lol: :lol:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby forestfrog » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:48 pm

MaryK wrote:Have you ever put a marshmallow in the Microwave?? It gets REALLY BIG!!!

Try microwaving one of the marshmallow bunnies/peeps next Easter, it's hilarious (and a tiny bit creepy), LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to try the Jiffy pop. I use an old metal basket popper over the campfire...it can be a little dangerous if you open the lid at the wrong time. :? :lol:
Kristi
~*~Stand still and be awed by Nature...~*~
forestfrog
Teardrop Master

Postby Smitty Smith » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:06 pm

madjack wrote:...that one is easy...folks ALWAYS like to watch stuf blow up :D :lol: ;) ............................. 8)

You have to admit, you don't see Jiffy Pop on everybody's store shelves anymore. I happened across some a couple of years ago and brought some home for my kids. They'd never seen it before, when we were popping some and the foil grew into that big ball one of them yelled "It's gonna blow!". :frightened: :shock:

They all ran over each other getting out of the kitchen! :lol:
"The stars awaken a certain reverence, because though always present, they are inaccessible." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Smitty Smith
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bledsoe3 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:39 pm

I got one in my galley to cook with my daughter. She's never seen one before.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Betsey » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:12 pm

Smitty Smith wrote: They'd never seen it before, when we were popping some and the foil grew into that big ball one of them yelled "It's gonna blow!". :frightened: :shock:

They all ran over each other getting out of the kitchen! :lol:

Well. I have to tell you, about 35 years ago, we were visiting family in Colorado and were making some Jiffy Pop on the stove when I had this strange thought...What if it didn't stop popping and just blew up? Well, guess what? IT BLEW UP - KABOOM! Like something out of a Lucy episode...about scared me silly, kids screaming and running in all directions! Didn't realize how powerful my thoughts were! :lol:

Betsey :)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Juneaudave » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Talk about how time flys...I bought a bag of loose popcorn for hunting camp last winter. Didn't use it all and stuck it in the cupboard when I got home.

This spring, my 20 year old daughter and I were watching a movie on TV and she wanted a snack. I heard her in the kitchen rattling around so I came out to see what she was up to. To my amazement, she was trying to figure out a way to cook that loose corn in the microwave. She had never seen popcorn cooked except in Jiffy Pop or a microwave pack!!

Of course, being the good ole Dad, I pulled out a pan, drizzled in some oil and corn and whipped it right up. She watched in facination...and promptly noted that she was wondering how I had planned on popping that corn without a machine like the movie theater had!!!

No...she's not blond!!! :lol: :lol:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby apratt » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:20 am

I use to use those Jiffy Pop popcorn. But as my hearing gotten worst I kept burning my popcorn :( then I started using the old style popcorn, I would put them in a brown lunch bag then nuke them that worked good until I forget and I always had an uneasy feeling that just folding the top of the bag just wouldn't hold so I staple it :roll: next thing I know I have a fire in my microwave :lol: Then my hearing continue to get worst so I can't tell when the popcorn are ready in the micro, now just use the microwave popcorn bags that I can just press the popcorn button on the micro it seems to work ok most of the time or I use the air popper, I have no troble with that one.
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:25 am

Mary K wrote:Have you ever put a marshmallow in the Microwave?? It gets REALLY BIG!!! :lol: :lol:

I like doing it with Circus Peanuts.

I remember being in 3rd grade my, older brother was in 5th grade, and my younger bro was in 1st. We'd come home from school and cook up some Jiffy pop (or frozen pizza). Mom wasn't home from work yet so we'd do it by ourselves.

How crazy is that? I don't think people are allowed to leave kids that age by themselves nowadays.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Rick Sheerin » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:26 am

We use a WhirleyPop popcorn popper. They are the best! We've never had more than one or two unpopped kernals in the bottom of the pan. We now keep one in the trailer and one at home. :thumbsup:
Rick S
1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17ft

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
Rick Sheerin
500 Club

Postby Mary K » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:39 am

asianflava wrote:
Mary K wrote:Have you ever put a marshmallow in the Microwave?? It gets REALLY BIG!!! :lol: :lol:

I remember being in 3rd grade my, older brother was in 5th grade, and my younger bro was in 1st. We'd come home from school and cook up some Jiffy pop (or frozen pizza). Mom wasn't home from work yet so we'd do it by ourselves.

How crazy is that? I don't think people are allowed to leave kids that age by themselves nowadays.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So what happens with Circus Peanuts in the Microwave???? I have some at home, I'll try it tonight :twisted:

Mk
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Mary K » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:42 am

Rick Sheerin wrote:We use a WhirleyPop popcorn popper. They are the best! We've never had more than one or two unpopped kernals in the bottom of the pan. We now keep one in the trailer and one at home. :thumbsup:

Hey, I have one of those also. It rocks. Except..I don't like popcorn :(
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Mary K wrote:
asianflava wrote:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So what happens with Circus Peanuts in the Microwave???? I have some at home, I'll try it tonight :twisted:

Mk

Take a picture of the peanut after you nuke it. :o
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Next

Return to Camping Secrets