Coalman Coffee Maker and some ideas

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby madjack » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:31 am

I use a french roast(darkest roast) and chicory(N'Awlins blend) and a drip pot...have long thought of a french press...after much rave reviews, I recently gotta AeroPress...I must say, I am VERY impressed........
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby greg755 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:54 pm

I got the Coleman it works good.

I drink normal coffee every day of my life on the way to work. It is boreing but fast.

Camping is different. I buy flavored coffee for camping.

It just seems to make the experience a little better and the flavored coffees seem to be a little more forgiving if you screw up, yes you can screw up coffee....
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Postby TinKicker » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:17 am

I seem to be one of the few people on the planet who fortunately (or unfortunately, according to devout coffee drinkers) is not affected by caffeine. At all. Period. However, I will drink coffee when with friends to be sociable, or when it's so cold that I don't care what's in the cup as long as it's HOT.
Now, this is irrelevant to your purpose, which is to get a good cup of coffee. I'll admit I can't offer help there seeing as how I just flat out don't care for it, but growing up I remember one of the most memorable things about family get-togethers and church socials and such was...the aroma of perking coffee. It almost made me into a believer! :lol:
So, there's a lot to be said for a percolator if you want the "full" coffee experience...taste, sight and smell. Makes a press (though very efficient and with full respect to all previous posters) kind of boring. And are we on a schedule where we have to race through preparation and imbibing? Or are we on teardrop time?
Enjoy it man! Enjoy it! And...no, I am NOT going to say it!
Yes, I am...celebrate the moments of our lives. :coffee:
If you're gagging over that, I can't blame you.
I am too. :laughter:
Point is, don't make it a military infiltration mission. Enjoy the experience as much as you can.
Peace.
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby Jiminsav » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Jason, don't listen to these nay-sayers..the Coleman drip coffee maker works just fabulous. I use mine all the time and wouldn't use no stinkin' press or any French drain to make a cup of joe.
just my opinion. :)
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby TinKicker » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:58 pm

Watch out for Jim, Jason...he's getting kickbacks from Coleman, I just KNOW it!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I
HAVE
KNOWN
IT
FOR
SOME
TIME...
Peace, happiness and java beans. :coffee:
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby RICHARD FURROW » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:10 am

As long as it is not INSTANT COFFEE! What do they make that stuff with anyway? It can't be coffee beans. Anyone know? I haven't tasted that stuff in 20 years, and if I live another 20, I still want taste it. Unless that's is all I can get!

Ricky
RICHARD FURROW
Teardrop Master

Re: I drink tea

Postby bobhenry » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:40 am

eamarquardt wrote:I drink tea. Boil water, put in tea bag, drink.

Cheers,

Gus

I scrolled back thru these posts and found this statement. I went back all the way and no one has mentioned coffee bags. Just like tea bags just coffee. Compact fast and there are some damn good specialty coffees in them.

Ol whats her name always takes her silver bullet blender . A couple quick hits with it full of Kona beans and we are on our way to good fresh ground fresh perked coffee in a $3.00 yard sale perculator. (Avacodo green no less)
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jiminsav » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:53 am

RICHARD FURROW wrote:As long as it is not INSTANT COFFEE! What do they make that stuff with anyway? It can't be coffee beans. Anyone know? I haven't tasted that stuff in 20 years, and if I live another 20, I still want taste it. Unless that's is all I can get!

Ricky

instant coffee was discovered when someone noticed that there was a powdery residue left on the big coffee urns used in large restaurants. they scraped some off and found it made a decent cup of joe, so they brought the idea to someone's attention at a big coffee house and they ran with it.
so, instant coffee is the beef jerky of the coffee family.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

okay: budget camp coffee

Postby Laredo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:57 pm

IMUSA coffee pot found on clearance for $4.

Bring it home, scrub the inside and outside well, tighten the screw that holds the knob on the lid firmly.

It's a perc, so you can choose your filters and coffee grind accordingly.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby RICHARD FURROW » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:24 am

Jiminsav wrote:
RICHARD FURROW wrote:As long as it is not INSTANT COFFEE! What do they make that stuff with anyway? It can't be coffee beans. Anyone know? I haven't tasted that stuff in 20 years, and if I live another 20, I still want taste it. Unless that's is all I can get!

Ricky

instant coffee was discovered when someone noticed that there was a powdery residue left on the big coffee urns used in large restaurants. they scraped some off and found it made a decent cup of joe, so they brought the idea to someone's attention at a big coffee house and they ran with it.
so, instant coffee is the beef jerky of the coffee family.

Jim, the only difference is that beef jerky is GOOD stuff! Instant coffee? BLAH!!! I can drink and eat most anything but instant coffee!
Just give me plain water.

Ricky
RICHARD FURROW
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets