Where does everything fit in a TD?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:18 pm

lisasweetie wrote:Thanks again Rich,
I've never noticed that before. I'm still catching up on reading all the posts.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Ok, here are some I just took..............
This the big cabinet and the little one next to it.
This is it open....
This is just my heater, fan and wall mirror on the other side.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby lisasweetie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Becca,
This is the entire inside of my camper. I believe that your is a 12 pounder compared to my preemie.
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:43 am

Yours is so pretty inside Lisa. Have you picked out your comforter/quilt, curtains yet? I can't wait to see it all finished. You are going to have fun with this. ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby lisasweetie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Becca,
My theme is "Under the Sea". The bed is made. I have pics of stuff I've bought in my album. The camper sheets are very cool and I have a navy comforter, a navy body pillow (headboard). I have a mural I plan to put on the ceiling/headboard area (I hope it works the way I envision). Once it quits raining here I will take pics.

What do you think??????? It also came with these individual little fishes to stick around randomly.... What fun. I don't know if I will have curtains or not. I can't decide. I might do blinds. Joe at Little Guy showed me some that he had just gotten in and I might go that way.
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Lisa, I think that looks great! :thumbsup: You will have so many colors to choose from with that theme.

I think you would like the blinds. I had made curtains but they faded so I put mirror reflective film on the windows and installed some Levelor blinds from Lowe's. They are more private than the cheaper kind and they weren't expensive at all. I feel a picture coming on...tomorrow. :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby AJ Alley » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Here is another storage idea, lots of sizes, water/bug proof & food safe
http://www.locknlock.com.au/square.htm
AJ Alley
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PanelDeland » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:09 pm

One thing i noticed is that no one mentioned to only take what you need.For instance use a small container for pancake mix/premix that can be used to store the leftover sausage(do they make leftover sausage?) or whatever.Pack small amounts of the quantity you will use don't carry a whole box.Pack the cooler the same way.Use a small 1/2 liter water bottle for the liquids for the pancake mix.Staples like salt pepper and spices should be kept to only those you use,and small amounts are all you need for a weekend.Mine have tethered tops with snap tight lids..If you're taking steak for one night go ahead and marinate them in the cooler in an appropriate package/container.If you're using a grille over a wood fire to cook some meals don't carry the grille just the rack.Make up quantities of food that are packed for one meal and use it for that meal.if there are two of you going just take 2-3 chairs(most people will bring their own)so one for a guest should be enough or just use the cooler for a seat.A side mount table can lay flat under the bed.Get creative with what you need and you can fit it in.
"I know the voices in my head aren't real,but they have some really good Ideas!"
PanelDeland
Teardrop Master

Postby legojenn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:52 pm

When travelling, I put all my stuff in Rubbermaid Roughneck containers as well as the cooler, water, suitcase, chairs and rain shelter in the trailer. Those containers are stackable, rugged and come in different sizes. I'm partial to the 53L/14US gallon sized ones. Here in Canada, they are around $8.00, but I'm sure that they are cheaper in the US.

While camping, non-food items can be left outside and stay dry. Food and unwashed dishes go in the car. I have yet to pull a Walmart parking lot all nighter, but if I did, the boxes could go in the car.

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/pr ... rod2936118

It's amazing how much crap you can carry. A former friend of mine and I used to tent camp in a Chrysler Daytona with all gear and two dogs. Crap was falling on us, but we managed to go far. From Ottawa ON, we went twice to Florida, once to North Carolina, once to Nova Scotia, and another time to Maine. With my trailer, even my itty bitty Aveo can drag lots of stuff, which is good, because I seem to enjoy solo camping more.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby Deb » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:38 pm

We put the EZ Up, our side tent, and our chairs in the teardrop. We could put more in if we needed to, but we haven't needed to...yet! We use a clear Sterilite/Rubbermaid container for our staples/food/pantry box. (pancake mix, sugar, canned goods, S'mores fixins, etc.) We replace what we use when we get home, and then it's always ready for the next trip! It's the same size as the ones you've talked about. I like using this type, because you can see what's inside. There are latches that come up on the handles to secure the lid. The contents won't spill out if it should tip over. We also take a beverage cooler, plus a cooler for salads, meats, fruit, etc. Those we carry in the car and store them there at night.

It's always nice to read about the storage tips. I like the small three drawer box. I just might have to get one for inside the teardrop.
Deb
Teardrop Builder

Postby FireLion » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 am

This is what I use for clothing and misc. The stick on hooks are to wrap rubber bands around to keep the drawers closed during travel.

It has since been replaced with a wicker 3 drawer unit.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets