Where does everything fit in a TD?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby TinKicker » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Becca, Maggie Mae reminds me of our Molly Mae (not kidding, that's her name) when she was a pup. She's a Shikingnese; Shit-zsu (I HOPE I spelled that right!) and Pekingnese mix, leaning heavily to the latter in appearance. She's 9 now, but she was the very same bundle of explosives when she was that young. Now all she wants is loving and a warm bed and a place to hide when it thunders.
The Good Book says the praying wife sanctifieth the unbelieving husband...get to it girl! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding, we all know it's "to each his own", but here's hoping...

Thanks Mr. Arne for the kind words. I really REALLY try to stay grounded and real, but sometimes it's hard. A hammack in the woods would really help. ;)

Have a good 'un!
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:33 pm

TinKicker wrote:Becca, Maggie Mae reminds me of our Molly Mae (not kidding, that's her name) when she was a pup. She's a Shikingnese; Shit-zsu (I HOPE I spelled that right!) and Pekingnese mix, leaning heavily to the latter in appearance. She's 9 now, but she was the very same bundle of explosives when she was that young. Now all she wants is loving and a warm bed and a place to hide when it thunders.
The Good Book says the praying wife sanctifieth the unbelieving husband...get to it girl! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding, we all know it's "to each his own", but here's hoping...

Thanks Mr. Arne for the kind words. I really REALLY try to stay grounded and real, but sometimes it's hard. A hammack in the woods would really help. ;)

Have a good 'un!

How cool that you've got a Molly Mae. We got Mag's when she was 8 weeks old from Oklahoma. Our precious little Maltese mix, Hannah Jane, died 2 years ago December 20th and Mag was born December 22nd. I wasn't looking for another pet...I was too devastated at Hannah's death (11 1/2) but the hubby was just lost so I knew he needed something to fill the space. He's very attached to her and that is partly why he won't camp with me...he won't leave her and she just hates a harness and leash. And Tin, I have prayed about it and I think the Lord whispered to me "Give it up girl...he ain't budgin'". :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby TinKicker » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby TinKicker » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 am

Getting back to the original thread idea, I'm thinking about putting outside side access panels for through-the-body storage for longer items in those spots that don't conveniently lend themselves to internal storage (like the front bottom curved area in a Cub). That would be good for items like brooms, lantern stands, etc.
Can anybody post good pictures of weatherstripping/sealing/latching/hinge setups on such little doors?
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby lisasweetie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:35 am

I have been amazed at how much I've already stored in my 4x8. I have emptied 3 rubbermaid boxes and still have plenty of room for my big stuff when I'm ready to head out.
Amazing......
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 am

lisasweetie wrote:I have been amazed at how much I've already stored in my 4x8. I have emptied 3 rubbermaid boxes and still have plenty of room for my big stuff when I'm ready to head out.
Amazing......

Lisa, don't know if you have thought of this but small baskets work great in the cabinets. I use one long narrow basket and one very small 3 drawer Sterlite in my one indoor cabinet. The tiny 3 drawer holds my pens, paper, card games, glasses, etc. The basket, which is on the top shelf holds everything I don't want rolling around. I will take a picture today and post it.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby TinKicker » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:08 pm

And Becca can tell you exactly what aisle in WalMart to find that Sterlite on! :lol:
I can't really say much though...I've made a list of every plastic container they've got AND the prices AND the dimensions so that I can obsessively plan my galley on paper now.
I went over to the bathroom stuff to get a scale to weigh them on individually so I could calculate my weight distribution...but they were all sealed up with no batteries. :roll:
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby lisasweetie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:44 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Lisa, don't know if you have thought of this but small baskets work great in the cabinets. I use one long narrow basket and one very small 3 drawer Sterlite in my one indoor cabinet. The tiny 3 drawer holds my pens, paper, card games, glasses, etc. The basket, which is on the top shelf holds everything I don't want rolling around. I will take a picture today and post it.

I have bought some small baskets that stack to hold loose items in the gallery, and I will probably do something similar in the interior cabinets, but my TD is much smaller than your TD. They don't make small enough sterlite containers to fit in the spaces in my galley. Seriously small. I know, I will take pictures for you and Auntie M. :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:56 pm

TinKicker wrote:And Becca can tell you exactly what aisle in WalMart to find that Sterlite on! :lol:
I can't really say much though...I've made a list of every plastic container they've got AND the prices AND the dimensions so that I can obsessively plan my galley on paper now.
I went over to the bathroom stuff to get a scale to weigh them on individually so I could calculate my weight distribution...but they were all sealed up with no batteries. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :yes:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Lisa, this is the tiny 3 drawer storage from Wal-Mart ($4.00)
This is the inside cabinet with organizers.
Last edited by CAJUN LADY on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby lisasweetie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Dang Becca, those cabinets are bigger than the ones in my bathroom in the house..... :shock:
I'm packing on a completely different scale than you are. I can't wait till you see my baby in person. She is like a midget compared to your tear. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:41 pm

lisasweetie wrote:Dang Becca, those cabinets are bigger than the ones in my bathroom in the house..... :shock:
I'm packing on a completely different scale than you are. I can't wait till you see my baby in person. She is like a midget compared to your tear. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No she's not...she's just a premie...mine's a 9 pounder! :lol:
Honestly, I know it's a 4 footer but I think your small cabinets inside could fit more than you think. Damn, I forgot to take a picture of my newest cabinet...or as I like to call it, my "entertainment unit". I had the same -cabinet makers make me a mini-me cabinet to hide all the wires from the TV, DVD player and speakers. It is doing its job real well. I'll be right back...I'm going shoot another picture to show ya'll.
:snappy:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby lisasweetie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Becca,
You said "Lisa, look in my Photobucket (www) pictures to see a bigger picture of #84 if you'd like." Where is that???? I looked in your album but didn't see it.
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:12 pm

lisasweetie wrote:Becca,
You said "Lisa, look in my Photobucket (www) pictures to see a bigger picture of #84 if you'd like." Where is that???? I looked in your album but didn't see it.

Click the WWW below her signature, 8)
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby lisasweetie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Thanks again Rich,
I've never noticed that before. I'm still catching up on reading all the posts.
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Camping Secrets