First Trip Tips for Dummies.

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: First Trip Tips for Dummies.

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:53 pm

One of the things that helps me in backing up a trailer is that after you make a correction, you will probably need to cancel that correction at some point. And do it a bit before you think you really need to. Also note before you start to back up what objects should be on the right side, and on the left side.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby crumvoc » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Lug wrench. A jack that will actually work for lifting the wheels. I have a small/light/cheap floor jack that I keep in an equipment box (this is also good for leveling the trailer.) 12 V air compressor. Tubeless tire repair kit. A bigger first aid kit than you think you need. A better tool kit than you think you will need. A box of vinyl gloves and a pair of cheap cloth gloves set aside for yucky jobs.
Living in the high-desert.
crumvoc
Teardrop Master

Postby Wolffarmer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:04 am

crumvoc wrote:Lug wrench. A jack that will actually work for lifting the wheels. I have a small/light/cheap floor jack that I keep in an equipment box (this is also good for leveling the trailer.) 12 V air compressor. Tubeless tire repair kit. A bigger first aid kit than you think you need. A better tool kit than you think you will need. A box of vinyl gloves and a pair of cheap cloth gloves set aside for yucky jobs.

For years I have carried one of those good 4 arm lug wrench, what ever they are really called. But now that I am getting a bit older, weaker and less flexible I am thinking about one of those 12v impact wrenches. Does anyone have experience with these?

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Forrest747 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Here is my newbie question.
What is the shelf life of Coleman gas.
On average if you have a lantern and a stove how much gas will you go through in a 3 day weekend. cooking two meals and a couple hours of lantern light.
Better to buy the gallon or quart size coleman gas.
What is teh average velocity of a swallow?
"All the success on the trail can not compensate for having square headlights"

"I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37701 Build Journal
Forrest747
Cowbell Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Don't worry about shelf life. There are far to many other things of great importance to worry about. I have burned Coleman Fuel that I know was about 20 years old. It was in a well sealed Optimus 80 stove. Burned like a champ. I have burned some from some very old, questionable, rusty, dirty nasty looking Coleman cans. Burned just fine. So save the money. Buy a gallon of the CF and just keep the lid on on tight and store it properly and I would not worry for about 10-15 years.

Randy
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets