Suggestions for a tent?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:19 pm

I have a couple of tents (Teardrop guest houses ;)) and one that I've used often is called "First Up" that I bought from K-Mart. It is the easiest tent to put up and roomy. Perfect for a Rotty or even a couple of doggies.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1010 ... 001P?mv=rr
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby fireaunt » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Becca, I don't think I'veseen a tent like this - pull up in the middle by yourself - wow.
:thumbsup:
fireaunt
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:46 am

fireaunt wrote:Becca, I don't think I'veseen a tent like this - pull up in the middle by yourself - wow.
:thumbsup:

Marilyn, it really is the easiest tent I have ever put up. I have a 14'x14' Cabin tent and that is a monster to deal with so this one gets used more. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a 2 person/doggie tent.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby retnavycpo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:17 pm

Becca,

I bought one very similar to the tent you recommended while on the way back from Michigan with my teardrop.

Bought the tent at Gander Mountain:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... 006&r=view

Just like the one you mentioned, this is super easy to put up. Actual tent takes less than a minute. The rain protector part takes a little longer.

Pete
retnavycpo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:29 am

retnavycpo wrote:Becca,

I bought one very similar to the tent you recommended while on the way back from Michigan with my teardrop.

Bought the tent at Gander Mountain:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... 006&r=view

Just like the one you mentioned, this is super easy to put up. Actual tent takes less than a minute. The rain protector part takes a little longer.

Pete

I am a fan of those tents Pete. Of course it's not the luxary suite like my big cabin tent but sure a heck of a lot easier and faster to put up. Takes all of about 5 minutes from the time you take it out of the bag to putting on the rain top. You just can't beat that!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby ParTaxer » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:56 pm

I think one of these would be good for a large dog. They are easily available in a fourth of the yard sales. Can be easily hosed for cleaning and it snaps together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Outdoor-playhouse-L ... 7C294%3A50
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Postby ParTaxer » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:29 pm

After thinking about my previous post, I started laughing thinking about a Rott in such a sissy home. I still believe one of these would work. I don't know whether or not I want to see a campground full of these. For future reference after this ebay item expires, I am talking about plastic/vinyl playhouses used by tottlers. Commonly sold under brand names "Step 2" and " Little Tikes".
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:31 pm

ParTaxer wrote:After thinking about my previous post, I started laughing thinking about a Rott in such a sissy home. I still believe one of these would work. I don't know whether or not I want to see a campground full of these. For future reference after this ebay item expires, I am talking about plastic/vinyl playhouses used by tottlers. Commonly sold under brand names "Step 2" and " Little Tikes".

You must have read my mind too about a big Rotty in there! Can you just see him if he sees a raccoon or other animal that he wants to chase around and he come barreling out of there, carrying the little playhouse on his back. :lol: :lol: But actually, that would probably make a good house at home for a smaller dog.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Buckeye » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:35 pm

I think a dining fly type tent with the sides and removable floor might just be the thing. I have also seen them with a tent that you connect under the roof.

That way it has another use for you.
Buckeye
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bobhenry » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:24 am

Some dogies are just spoiled and have their own teardrop!

of course being a bigger dog maybe this would be a better answer....

a doggie tear in tandum :lol: :lol: :lol:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets