Trailer hook up tricks

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby Mightydog » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:21 pm

Red Baron wrote:... and a 10,000,000 Candle power flash light...

That's one of those things that you don't realize that you need until you see it on the shelf at the store and the six-year-old in your head says "...but I neeeeeeeeed it!"
Mightydog
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby cracker39 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:19 pm

I finally got around to making my Rear View Docking Mirror. I knew I had an old auito sun visor vanity mirror around, so I found it and used it to make this crude, but effective docking setup. I didn't go for looks on this, just a quick and dirty (and functional) throw-it-together job.

Clockwise from upper left:

View of mirror frame from the back, propped in the rear hatch of my pickup cap. It has a piece at the top that locks into the handle base, and is notched at the bottom to stay on the tail gate.

Mirror frame viewed from the side. The mirror is hinged to the frame with stops so that when opened, it is in position at the correct angle.

View from the driver's seat. You can see the front of the coupler which is already on the ball. The gray object in the background is my boat cover.

The frame folded to be put away in my storage box in the pickup bed.

It requires no clamping, screwing, or other work. Just unfold the mirror and prop in place. It will always be at the correct angle to see the ball.

It works for me. :thumbsup: 8) :applause: :D
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby wentzzee » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:37 pm

:D Don't let all these truck drivers see these tricks.........They will all want one :twisted:
All Reality Starts with a Dream
wentzzee
Teardrop Builder

Postby Namsayn » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:48 pm

Thanks to Terry (Duckdrop) for the Qworks hitchin rods. Got them yesterday and they work like magic. Set the pickup ball exactly under the trailer hitch first try with the trailer in the garage. Paid about $27 and couldn't be happier.
Randy
Namsayn
Silver Donating Member

Postby Duckdrop » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:08 pm

Glad to Help :thumbsup:
Terry D
Duckdrop
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets