Stereo in your TD and remote control....

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: Stereo in your TD and remote control....

Postby mikesova » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:18 pm

I agree. Bluetooth speaker> built in stereo.
mikesova
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Graniterich » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:30 pm

Totally agree, I have a couple, the TDK A33 is great bang for the buck. Under a $100 and weather proof.
Graniterich
Donating Member

Postby jstrubberg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:44 am

Java Jack wrote:
felixx wrote:how about bluetooth speakers connected to a phone/ ipad?
You could put a USB jack somewhere to charge both

I've yet to see any really good quality BT speakers. There is also a space advantage is they are hard mounted in the cabin or galley so you don't have to give up counter space.

I've got a pair of cheap Jensen box speakers inside the cabin and a pair of Polk Audio automotive speakers in the galley. I am getting ready to replace the chep Jensen speakers with some nice Klipsch home theater speakers in the cabin. This will provide much more robust sound in the cabin when watching TV or listening to music.

I spent $120 on a Bose Color Bluetooth speaker and the sound quality is amazing. The footprint is about the size of a paperback, so no worries about lost counter space. I get around nine hours of play out of a charge, and it charges from a standard micro usb cable.

No way I would go back to a mounted system after the convenience of moving the speaker around to where the gathering is.
The more stuff I take along, the more time I spend taking care of my stuff!
jstrubberg
500 Club

Postby Kaz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Off topic, but I purposely didn't install a radio. When I go camping it's just not a priority. When I do want music I just use my phone and blue tooth speaker I use at work. There are some really nice blue tooth speakers out there it's just a matter of how much you want to spend. Speaker goes where I want it to and my phone stays in my pocket (Most of the time). Instant remote! That way I can have my speaker close by and if I'm away from the camper over by the fire or down to the beach or out in the canoe or mountain top daydreaming or inside in the rain ( which rarely happens because who doesn't love playing in the rain) I don't have to pump up the volume and annoy other campers I just move the speaker. I think I will buy another speaker like the one I have because they are pair able together which just adds to the audio experience. Just my 2cents.
Kaz
Kaz
Silver Donating Member

Postby ae6black » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:03 pm

I just use a laptop and a set of garage sale stereo speakers for computers that I picked up for next to nothing. Gives me the ability to set up either in galley region, or on the outside of TD, or Inside the unit. Music quality quite good and can blow your ears out and be a nuisance to other campers if you wished to be that sort of neighbor. Since I don't particularly care to hear other campers "Music", I typically don't play it very loud.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:10 am

I bought a fairly inexpensive system for Miss Piggy when I built it. Player mounted in yhr cabin with speakers mounted in both the cabin and the galley. But, Sandi prefers that we don't use it in most campground (and even if we do, it is not very loud).
Bought a much better system for Kermit (because I got it on sale) but am having trouble deciding on where the speakers would be best located??
Brian :thinking:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby dales133 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:13 am

Im still tryjng to get my drive in speakers for my galley.
I can get reproduction ones from California but they want about 7p us postage
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets