Stereo in your TD and remote control....

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: Stereo in your TD and remote control....

Postby dales133 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Love Polk audio speakers, I've got some towers about 4 feet tall I use on my parasound system.
Cost me 2000 but worth every cent...and that was in the 90's
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:51 pm

I go camping to get away from that. I get enough of that at home. :thumbdown:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby dales133 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:06 pm

S. Heisley wrote:I go camping to get away from that. I get enough of that at home.

Come on mate nothing wrong with a bit of music now and then
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:16 pm

dales133 wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:I go camping to get away from that. I get enough of that at home.

Come on mate nothing wrong with a bit of music now and then

In the right place, it's fine. I like to hear the birds and the babbling waters when I go camping.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby felixx » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:30 am

Java Jack wrote:
felixx wrote:how about bluetooth speakers connected to a phone/ ipad?
You could put a USB jack somewhere to charge both

I've yet to see any really good quality BT speakers. There is also a space advantage is they are hard mounted in the cabin or galley so you don't have to give up counter space.

I guess I just want quiet background music.. If I want it thumping I would fire up the car stereo

As far as counter space you can put them on the roof. under your seat (nice and quiet ) anywhere at all
felixx
Donating Member

Postby dales133 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:02 am

There's some nice retro stereos on ebay pretty spend though
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:11 am

The under cabinet kitchen sound appliances are a great choice for our trailers. They take up little room, mount under any cabinet, and can offer am/fm/ cd and even tv functions. I got my little sony undercabinet AM/FM and CD player at a yard sale for $15.00. When I got it mounted and tuned in I was totally blown away with the quality of the sound.

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Gunguy05 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:30 pm

I received one of these to review for my blog (disclaimer), but it is actually a really great sounding speaker. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

It's wireless (uses Blutooth and has a rechargable battery) and it connects to a standard micro USB for charging. That means I can plug into any standard 12V cigarette adapter and charge it while camping with only the batteries in the TD. AND The sound it puts out is great. If you want to crank it up, it's much louder (with clarity) than one might think. Also, it's about the size of a coke can (I live in GA, they are all cokes to me).

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Portable-Wire ... B00GAJ2OK4

We were considering wiring for a standard car stereo, but after hearing this thing we decided this was just what we needed! :thumbsup:
Brian

Checkout my buildThe Regal Eagle Bow front for 4
Also my teardrop updates from blog on Dad Rambles
Gunguy05
The 300 Club

Postby jstrubberg » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:31 am

Do you own a smartphone? Or an iPod?

If so, I would skip the "Stereo" completely. MP3 music or an online radio service will give you all the tunes you can handle, and there are Bluetooth speakers that will blow you away. I purchased a Bose color speaker for work a few weeks back. It's like sitting in a concert hall.

Low cost (the speaker is it, and it's less than $150), no wiring, no power draw and portable. Can't beat it.
The more stuff I take along, the more time I spend taking care of my stuff!
jstrubberg
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:49 pm

jstrubberg wrote:Do you own a smartphone? Or an iPod?

If so, I would skip the "Stereo" completely. MP3 music or an online radio service will give you all the tunes you can handle, and there are Bluetooth speakers that will blow you away. I purchased a Bose color speaker for work a few weeks back. It's like sitting in a concert hall.

Low cost (the speaker is it, and it's less than $150), no wiring, no power draw and portable. Can't beat it.

:thumbsup: I agree! One of our Tearjerkers had just one Bluetooth-like speaker (I don't know what kind) tuned into music coming from his cell phone at one of last summer's gatherings and it worked great. Everyone commented on it positively. Unless you want to run speakers so loud that you can hear them vibrate, there's no reason to build them 'in' anymore. You could be building in something equivalent to a cassette or (dating myself) 8-track stereo....with eventual obsolescence. Also, if the speakers go bad, it's extra effort to replace them. If someone decides to remove them, they've got a hole in the wall or ceiling to deal with. If you use one of those new style portable speakers, you can take it anywhere you want it, in the cabin, the galley, your chaise lounge, the pool/lake......

When I built my trailer, I laid in front to back speaker wire, just in case I, or someone else, ever wanted built-in speakers. But, I have never once missed having them nor thought about adding them since then. I have radios available and find that I don't even use those. There's just too much else to see, hear, and do when you are out camping! So, my suggestion is that you do the same: Lay in some speaker wire, making certain that you know where it is and can get to it if you ever want to connect it. You, too, may find that you never use it. Okay, I'll get off the soap box now. :roll:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby samblam » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:28 pm

I've got this solar Bluetooth speaker http://www.amazon.com/Eton-solar-powere ... B00B8PRRTI and I plan on it taking permanent residence in my trailer. It'll charge your phone, too. I have not tested the solar charging extensively, but the sound is great.
samblam
Teardrop Inspector

Postby dales133 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:37 pm

I just picked up an ex demo pioneer unit that dosn't have dc but it's bluetooth with duel usb I'm puts and works on any operating systems with is cool.
But I do agree those bluetooth speakers are very good these days but more than I paid for this for a good one
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:03 pm

For those of you with tiny remotes that have trouble finding the "right" button to press in the dark, or without your glasses on...
Apply a small glow in the dark sticker by that button, OR wrap a rubber band around the remote between the button(s) where you frequently push.
Joanie
8)
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby dales133 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:29 am

Good idea!
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:35 am

I use the small Jawbone Bluetooth speaker with my Iphone. Inside the trailer I have a 12 vt outlet and also one in the galley if I want to run it off shore power. Otherwise both have their own batteries and can be run for many hours stand alone.
I also use the Jawbone as an external speaker for my CB radio in my Wrangler. So one speaker does double duty. During the winter months when not camping the speaker goes in the house and sits on my nightstand. For me there are to many ways to get music to mount a permanent radio system.
The sound quality is outstanding. It is small but mighty!

http://www.amazon.com/Jawbone-Bluetooth ... ds=jawbone
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Camping Secrets