Any experience with Lite Propane Tanks?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby Zollinger » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:38 pm

SandyD wrote:
Has anyone had luck with those magnetic strips you can place on the metal tanks that reads how much fuel you have? I've seen those but most reviews say they're worthless so I haven't tried one yet.

Don't waste your money on the magnetic strips, they are worthless. No matter where I put them they said my tanks are full.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TheMadDane » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:17 pm

I have one, it's great! I bought it for 2 reasons, weight and rust proof.
The added benefit is that you can see how much propane you have in it.

I have never had any issues getting it filled anywhere and it comes with a standard propane fitting like any other tank.

In a nut shell, small, light, rust proof, easy to see amount of propane, it's a winner!

:applause:

Claus
TheMadDane
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Hillmann » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 am

For the magnetic strips to work you have to be burning propane for several minutes before they will work because evaporating propane is colder then liquid propane so the tank above the level of the liquid becomes colder. Although they wont work in cold weather or they may not even work in warm weather if they are in the shade, but they do work if the tank is in the sun and you are burning lots of propane (causes it to evaporate faster so it gets colder) like with a grill with all the burners on high. The also may not work if you aren't burning it fast enough for the evaporation to cool the tank.
Hillmann
Teardrop Master

Postby Tear Fan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm gonna quit watching this topic 'cause I feel like I'm at the "Waffle" House . . . LOL
:?
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets