new campfire technique

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby Kevin A » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:39 pm

Chip wrote:since this thread went to shooters,, try a search on back yard balistics,, or potatoe guns,,, these can be put together for les than 30 bucks and I can launch a inch and a half tater about 300 yards with aqua net hair spray,,

they make an impressive sound when fired off,, most campgrounds frown on them though,, dang it

chipper

I hear white rain hairspray works really well with the tater guns.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby kajamelu4 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:39 am

Goodness!

My son hung out here on the board while I was gone this weekend. I hope he didn't see this thread!

When he was younger, he made a marshmallow shooter that would shoot them a llllooooonnnnnggggg way! (Over the barn from the house!) I certainly don't need him reading this stuff!! :lol:
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Mitheral » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:06 pm

Q wrote:Here's another one that's good around the camp fire:

Get about 20' of 1.25" diameter clear vinyl tubeing at the hardware store. You'll also need a propane torch with a built in trigger type lighter. Stretch the tubing out between several people. Fill the tube with propane/air mixture from the unlit propane torch for a few seconds, then click the sparker. A blue flame front will woosh through the tube, while also making an interesting sound. You can also spark both ends at once so the flame fronts meet in the middle. Looks really cool in the dark or near dark. The tubing doesn't even get warm.

Q

How crazy was the guy who first did this?
Mitheral
Teardrop Master

Postby Ma3tt » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:12 pm

same technique just use a small martinellis apple juice bottle youcan use a lighter to fill it too. great whistle sound!
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Postby TD4FREEW/CTD » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:08 pm

result. One briquette presoaked in LOX is approx equiv to 1 stick of dynamite.

:shock: :shock:

good lord! can you imagine what a big ol' bag of kingsford from cosco would do!? :shock: :shock: :twisted:
TD4FREEW/CTD
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Nitetimes » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:44 pm

TD4FREEW/CTD wrote:
result. One briquette presoaked in LOX is approx equiv to 1 stick of dynamite.

:shock: :shock:

good lord! can you imagine what a big ol' bag of kingsford from cosco would do!? :shock: :shock: :twisted:

Yep...and boy would it be fun 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

By the way..have you ever heard a frog scream? Just dip one in some LOX bum first...they can really make a racket. Pretty cool when they hit the ground and shatter too!!
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Nytewyng » Wed May 03, 2006 9:10 pm

ok I like to burn and blow up sfuff too, but you guys are scarin me :o , hope you have a fire extiguisher nearby..........ya know its always fun til someone loses an eye :thinking:
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby Platbiker » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:34 am

I have three, and all are seriously NOT RECOMMENDED!- for various safety reasons:

1. "Blue Rocket"-drink up a GLASS bottle of whiskey(more people are better for this, because few people cause few to get to the empty bottle stage, and those who do regret it in the morning...). turn off ALL lights, cap the empty bottle. heat the bottle over the campfire until its just short of "too uncomfortable" to hold any longer, quickly uncap bottle and light the vaporised alcohol..the flame will shoot from the mouth of the bottle and make an interesting sound, as the vapor burns the flame usually sucks back into the bottle and creates very neat patterns of flame inside.

2. "Dripper" -this one was invented back before we knew of the TOXIC gases given off by melted plastic- also burning liquid plastic will stick to skin and burn extremely painfully.... don't do it...take any plastic straws, bags, or trash and set them alight in the campfire on the end of a long stick, when they are lit raise stick up as far as possible, the plastic burning will drip down still burning and look really neat, as well as making a VVWWEETTHH! sound as it falls.

3. "Marlboro Man Fireworks"-this is the oldest and crudest- invite at least on person who smokes, and bring a slingshot. When the smoker has finished their cancer stick, shoot it from the slingshot at any handy tree or solid surface- in my misspent youth this was only done when the solid surface was over someones head ( a teardrop hatch comes to mind, though I would NEVER do such a thing in light of my hard acquired, age induced wisdom ...) :D
Platbiker
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets