Shower Secrets

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: Shower Secrets

Postby KCStudly » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:33 am

Vinegar is acidic. I wouldn't think that it would be so good to have residual on your hair for long periods of time.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby kudzu » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:01 pm

KC, supposedly it's that very acidity that helps balance the PH in your hair. Since baking soda is a base, the acidity of the ACV is supposed to balance things out. It reportedly has a similar PH balancing effect after the comparative harshness of shampoos. Not sure how much acidity is left after rinsing it out but it doesn't seem to be enough to cause a detrimental effect. Chemistry was a long, long, long time ago so I'm not claiming to fully understand that. :NC Just know it seems to do a good job on my hair & worked wonders on the dogs. Though... a giant sized dog doused with ACV can cause an odiferous situation that tends to linger in the house for a while. :lol:
kudzu
Donating Member

Postby tfunk » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:08 pm

MidTNJasonF wrote:
tfunk wrote:The 5 gallon Cornelius kegs work well. Have a dip tube. One in one out, pressure relief at 35 psi built in, stainless steel. Typically 25$ at a home brew supplier.
I have been using a 10 watt pump. 35 psi @1.2 gpm, hooked it up with 3/8 air and water hose. The high pressure allows me to use less water.

I wish you could find them for $25. They are $60 to $75 for ball lock style and about ten bucks cheaper for pin lock fitting kegs.

Supply and demand. The supply is drying up and the demand is growing.

Wow, I just looked. I haven't had to buy any in years, we don't make as much beer as we used too.
tfunk
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets