RV Omelets

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby TLC » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:47 pm

What Betsey said!! She's an awesome planner and cook. I love her outdoor cooking talent. (Craig is pretty good too but not as good looking!!)
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Betsey wrote:We don't add hash browns or cheese to the eggs & we use diced ham. If I use sausage, it is precooked. Always have some on hand in the freezer for just such occasions.

Our Ziploc omelets always turn out nice & fluffy...perfect for the egg burrito, with cheese, sour cream & salsa all rolled up in a warm tortilla.

For the Camp-Outt breakfast bar, everyone builds their own omelet & Craig cooks them up while I'm warming tortillas, making hash browns & sausages. As these come hot out of the pans (or in the case of the sausages this year - the DO - thanks Steve!), they are put in the warming trays, where people help themselves. We continue to keep the warming trays full as long as we have hungry people! To fill in the cracks, we put out the toaster & have a variety of bagels & cream cheeses, along with juices, milk & coffee. This year, we fed over 100 happy campers. :)

Those who know the type of gourmet cooking/baking I do also know that high level of quality is never compromised when we go camping. No reason for it.

Betsey 8)

This is why I camp by my self. So I might lose some weight.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby bc toys » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:56 pm

made them for our race resue crew they where the best omelettes I ever had 2 eggs little ham onions green peppers and cheese 17 min
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets