Bed linens

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Bed linens

Postby Diemjoe » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has an experience with the RVSuperbag (previously called the Travasack). They are pricey but maybe the convenience is worth it? I have always thought that two people in one sleeping bag would be uncomfortable if there are two different sleeping styles. Any experience (from a sleeping aspect ;-)) would be appreciated.
Don Miller
Seattle
Trippinwithdon.com
Diemjoe
Teardrop Master

Re: Bed linens

Postby mkitchen » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:38 pm

We have been doing just that for years. Mo and I have a Caribou Coupler that connects to their sleeping bag, thereby making a bag for two. It has worked great over the years and we still enjoy using it. Especially on colder nights when the added body warmth is helpful. The Coupler has sleeves that a thermarest campmat goes into but since we no longer tent camp, we do not need that part of it but we still enjoy he setup.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Postby bc toys » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:46 am

Me and wife have used sleeping bags zipped together many times the good thing if you keep it zipped she can't still the covers :lol:
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby rowerwet » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:01 pm

for tent camping on a mattress my wife and I always use a double sleeping bag liner and zip our fleece bags together over that, the great part about it is that you can't end up sliding out of the bed, and there are no blankets in the way for playtime.
However the sides to the bag are a real pain to use in the tear, in the tent we have to slide around and crawl out of the tent anyway. The big plus of a properly built tear is the ease of getting in and out, you shift your weight to the inside of the tear, and pivot your feet out the door, no sliding, scooting, crunches or crouching. this only works with a regular sheet set up on a bed. fitted on the bottom, flat on the top. Since you are in a tear, you can't slide off the mattress. (no matter what you are doing 8) )
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Playtime ! :shock:

You got shocks on thet trailer ?????
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Wolffarmer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:36 pm

bobhenry wrote:Playtime ! :shock:

You got shocks on thet trailer ?????

More than one reason for jacks at each corner.

What happens in the trailer. Stays in the camp ground

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby cdfnchico » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:18 pm

We have a Travasack. Love it! the sheets velcroed inside make it feel so much like home, but the sleeping bag style is perfect for the trailer. I do like the two weights...it is really easy to flip it over when it's cold for a tad heavier comforter. Initially, we struggled with deciding if it was worth the cost but have been very happy with it!
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby ae6black » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:51 pm

I have so many old waterbed sheets that I just use them for a queen sized bed. The sides of the td keep everything tucked in. The coolder it gets I just add more blankets and comforters. I dont even bother taking a sleeping bag anymore. Coldest I ve slept in the td was 18 degrees F below. No problem with a small ceramic heater set on its loowest setting. My only issue was frost on the door and places on the walls.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Postby Patti » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:27 pm

The travasacks sound great except unless it's really cold, I end up too hot and my husband too cold. If I can uncover without disturbing him we're fine. Can one side of the travasack-style bedding stay open?
Patti
Teardrop Builder

Postby Diemjoe » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:58 am

Just an update. I decided to go with REI's Kingdome Sleep System, It is a Queen Sized Air mattress complete with Soft sheets and a Comforter. The mattress seems to hold its air for a week or so before it needs a top off. The problem that I have experienced is getting the fitted sheets on in the tight confines of the TD cabin. Going to make for a long laundry day when I have to strip the bed and get it made again. Adding air is a bit of work too because the nozzle is on the bottom of the mattress. Really comfortable though. No squeaking of the air mattress when I move around. I went with an air mattress over foam because I was not confident that the doors were water tight. I didn't want to deal with wet foam after a rainy drive.
Don Miller
Seattle
Trippinwithdon.com
Diemjoe
Teardrop Master

Return to Camping Secrets