What is your favorite camp fire pit?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: What is your favorite camp fire pit?

Postby slowcowboy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:54 pm

I got the big red cameco or the little red what ever its called its all pack away able and inclosed when I am done glad I chose it over the other open brands!

my fire logs are all contained inside a nice carry case and its good to transfer fire to a normal fire when I am lazy or have a hard time starting one.........

they also work great on the ice on frozen lake while ice fishing!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I run mine on low on a 5 lb pancake bottle its a sipper on propane on low. when your done just shut it off at the propane bottle ! no forest fires! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!!!!!!

let it cool and trow in your suv. away you go when you drop the hatch on the teardrop..............and smokey bear wont be chasing you down when you get home!

slowcowboy
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:55 pm

for real camp fires I like to put em out with a hand pump weed sprayer after dark with flashlights off. look for red coals espically on Swedish candles like at gatherings!

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby gudmund » Sat May 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Fire Dancer - very low fuel usage - validated by all of the fellow teardroppers that got rid of their first fire-pits that used so much fuel and bought what I have. smaller sized - lighter weight being it uses NO lava rocks, it uses vermiculite (states NO asbestos in spec sheet) when lid is installed for travel/carry it is totally contained. The base never gets hot when in use. And I found it all fits inside a 14inch Camp Chef Dutch Oven carry bag for travel/carry. I and all of the other teardroppers in my group swear by them. They were the ones who had the regular firepits first than replaced them with the Fire Dancer - I bought it because of the size thinking it would not be as much of a travel hassle not knowing it used so little fuel - in fact, I hardly ever got to use mine do to someone else beating me to the punch in having theirs out already when I get there. :) E-Trailer is now selling them if you are interested in checking them out.
gudmund
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets