Thanks guys and new question

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Thanks guys and new question

Postby Sierraguy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:17 pm

You guys recently steered me the right way about a really good camp stove. This Camp Chef Everest stove is by far the greatest camp stove of my life. It is the best meeting of simplicity, size, convenience and power. It is 3 giant leaps from those old 60s Coleman pump stoves. Here is my Everest in my new CT.

Now please tell me what you think is a really good 12v mini vacuum for cleaner for our trailer. Maybe a rechargeable?
I want something I can take along that will really clean the floor and blankets as needed.
Sierraguy
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Thanks guys and new question

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:02 am

slowcowboy wrote:not me the 60s coleman pump stoves rule. when they can cook pinto beans at high altude at a gathering for 5 hours on one tank of gas propane wont even light when it 32 out side in the morings with frost on the grounds...........you might as well pitch mini torches all propane stuff and flickers in early morings mountain frost...........you want white gas to cook most of the times as it all that will light............now in some case I still love my propane skillet.........but yea wait till it warms up at noon to run that thing or a lot of propane I even have fast held a coleman green can over a camp fire fast just to warm it up tryin to get it to light.............when its cold propane is uselsses.......I don't think old coleman pump stoves will ever be replaced they beat a lot of the stuff china pruduces in wally world today that falls a part.............lts why liguid fuel back packing stoves are double the price of any prpane one...........my two cents slow

Slow, already knows I agree. One thing on Coleman white gas and cold weather is to have a leather pump cup instead of the neoprene ones. I have seen videos of researchers camping out in the Antarctic and they where using pump up Colemans.

Propane stuff is ok for many people. but when the going gets rough I would rather have a white gas appliance. In a pinch can burn auto gas in them. And I also like the ritual of lighting the things.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Return to Camping Secrets