where do you store your coleman lantern and gas?

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

where do you store your coleman lantern and gas?

Postby ae6black » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Probably a dumb question, but where do you store your gas can and your coleman lanterns and stove in a standy? For years I used a popup. That unit had a large trunk on the front of it that I stored everything. In my Teardrop, I have a large trunk mounted in front of it that will hold anything that I could possibly ever want to take camping with me. Now that I am going to be using a Casita for most of my camping, I am trying to figure out where you would store gas stoves, lanterns and the gas can itself. I really don't want to have it inside with me because I don't want to smell the gas. These small trailers just don't have much in the way of outside storage. Aside from storing it in the tow vehicle, which means you have to smell it when you're heading down the highway, I haven't figured out where you store the stuff. What do all of you do that are camping out of standys, you obviously don't have much outside storage either. Do you just use propane bottles and skip the gas lanterns and stoves? Or does everybody just drive trucks with caps on them so that you don't have to smell the gas while your are heading down the road?

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Return to Camping Secrets