Teardrop Camping Checklist

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Teardrop Camping Checklist

Postby Mike B » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:21 am

I don't know about you, but as I get older, I have a tendency to forget stuff I intended to pack when I take a trip. I have gotten in the habit of creating a checklist for trips, so I won't forget anything.

I have constructed a spreadsheet checklist for TD camping. I have uploaded the checklist to my web site in two formats: OpenOffice.org Calc (which I use) and Microsoft Excel (which I don't use). Feel free to download either list and modify it for your own use.

http://www.blogicalthoughts.com/e107_files/downloads/teardrop_trailer_camping_checklist.ods
http://www.blogicalthoughts.com/e107_files/downloads/teardrop_trailer_camping_checklist.xls

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby IndyTom » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:05 pm

Mike,
That is a great check list. I love how you have all your dutch oven supplies are listed separately. I have fallen in love with my new ovens.
In the format you have provided the lists in, it makes them so easy to modify to each one's individual needs.
The list is safely saved for my future use (whenever I get this thing finished).

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby Darren » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:34 pm

Thanks Mike. That will come in handy.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby PresTx82 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:00 pm

I like your check list and will modify it to suit our camping needs.

Here's my sad story. We left on Friday (23rd) afternoon and set up camp Friday evening. After we set up the tent, sun shade canopy, comfort facilities, etc. and started to settle in for the evening, the kids were asking what we were going to have for dinner. With that said, my wife said, "Honey, where's the camping stove?" I about died! I forgot it! The stove got lost in the shuffle. I brought plenty of propane, but no stove. Under normal circumstances you could build a camp fire and rough it a bit, but with "phase 4 fire restrictions" in affect in this camping area we were out of luck. To make a long story short, my wife visited a local store (only one around for 30 miles) and found some cans of "sterno". It wasn't real sterno, but catering sterno that takes an hour to heat coffee on. Anyway, we did eat (took forever), but my wife insisted that I compile an "Official Camping List" for the next and all future camping trips! With that said, I will adopt yours and modfy it accordingly!

Lesson learned. Make and follow a list if you're camping out in the boon-docks!
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby WarPony » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:28 pm

What do I open this with? I tried both links but I don't know how to work them.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Mike B » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:29 pm

PresTx82 wrote:I like your check list and will modify it to suit our camping needs.

And I like your story. You will note that a stove is not on the checklist. That's because my propane stove is bolted to a slide out in the galley. I never even gave a thought about it, but I think the propane is on the list, isn't it?

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby Nytewyng » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:45 pm

Nice list , will modify it a bit , but thanks for saving us a lot of work :applause:
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby Micro469 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:14 pm

Camp ADK has a list on their website as well, I think. Maybe it's usefull to compare the two to see if anything is missed.... ;)
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:11 pm

Yes, I saw the one on Camp ADK too and found it very helpful on the last camping trip. I saved it on my computer , then print a new one after modifying it according to the trip.

It really does help for packing and shopping .

If you don't have MS Office and Excel, see if you have Microsoft WORKS and/or a spreadsheet system.

Julie
Last edited by oklahomajewel on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Rev. Ken » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:11 pm

WarPony wrote:What do I open this with? I tried both links but I don't know how to work them.

I clicked the XL link and when it opened I clicked file then save as.
I saved it as an XL workbook, i told it where to save it and when i Click on it, it opens in XL. You have to have XL or microsoft office on your computer for it to work. I didn't try the other link.

Rev. Ken
Rev. Ken
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Arne » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:58 pm

I have two lists. One for going to the vacation house, one for camping. Each is divided into Upstairs, downstairs, garage, shed..... It is still tedious packing, but I rarely forget anything... I take the list with me and add anything that I want to bring next time....

I did it in lotus, just so I could have headings... I start upstairs and work my way out of the house.

Instead of using luggage for clothes, they go into a clear storage box from walmart.. That way I can see everything from the outside instead of digging around.... easy to carry in the van, and easy to find what I want and get it out.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby IndyTom » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:03 am

PresTx82,
I can relate to your story. :shock: There was the time that my wife and I had just arrived at our destination ( 5 hours from home) for weekend away and she looks at me with the sweetest eyes and says "Honey, where is my suitcase?" :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Man was that an expensive trip. I think I replaced nearly everything in that suitcase that weekend. :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have NEVER DONE THAT AGAIN. Now, her's is the first one to go in the car.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby Mike B » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:12 am

WarPony wrote:What do I open this with? I tried both links but I don't know how to work them.

You need the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program that comes with Mircosoft Office to use the file that ends with ".xls". Or, if you can't afford that extremely overpriced and bloated office suite, you can download OpenOffice.org for free and use OpenOffice.org Calc to use the file that ends with ".ods".

With OpenOffice.org, you also get a word processor, a presentation program and a graphics program - all for free. You can pick it up at http://www.openoffice.org/

To get the file for your computer, right-click on the link and select "save target as" or "save link as". The file will be downloaded to your hard drive and you can double click on it or open it in the spreadsheet program.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby Joseph » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:20 am

A clock? On Teardrop Time?!! :thumbdown:

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby RKH » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:12 am

A clock? On Teardrop Time?!!

C'mon. How else are you going to be able to know precisely when to think "That poor sap at the desk next to mine is just now hitting 495 traffic" and have a major chuckle? :lol:
~Keith
Support Our Troops

Our traveling blog is at http://www.Happy-Tracks.com
RKH
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Camping Secrets