Generic Building plans

Here is a generic building plan for a teardrop designed by the members of T&TTT.

What's the right profile for a generic teardrop plan for beginners?

A Cub/Modernistic
17%
A Kenskill
16%
A Benroy
46%
A Mechanic Illustrated Trailer for Two
14%
A Superleggera
1%
Some other profile... let me know below...
6%

Total votes : 170

Postby madjack » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:06 am

paradisemotel wrote:Thank you Jack! Any help will be helpful! I'm looking for easy,simplistic and light! I hear you about Extra "stuffage"! Out of all that you have seen, which is the easiest to build? Is aluminum lighter? Wood? beer can's?
I thought of all aluminam, but then I need more input!

...easiest to build ???it's all relative, something like Mike's weekender could be easiest...
But how intricate do you want your interior cabinets, your electrical, do you want/need AC, how about onboard water, stoves, microwaves, what kinda interior/exterior finishes...
What kinda walls...solid 3/4 ply or an insulated composite wall, the same for the floors...
Are you gonna want aluminum siding, an all woody or a painted/fibergass/epoxy side...
a 4'x8', 4x9,4x10. 5x8, 5x9, 5x10 or some other size...
Are ya gonna get some plans or do you have the skills to just wing it...
As you can see there are a lotta question that you will haveta decide on...
the 4x8's can be easily built in the 600/800 pound range,,,the 5x10 go up in weight accordingly...
keep on looking around the "hall of shame", members personal galleries and the various posted build journals...
decide what is best for you, use wise, skill wise, looks wise and we will be here to help ya out...good luck
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Where can I find photos of the Weekender?

Postby Bernie » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:04 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:I'll chime in with my two cents worth...
I say just go with the original Weekender design.
Simple to build, no ellipses (Those seem to scare some newbies) and you've already drawn it up.
Bernie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:43 pm

Are you looking to save the most time or the most money. You can't have both.

If you are looking to save the most time, I gotta believe the weekender is a quick and easy build.

If you are looking to save the most money, build yourself a 4x8 teardrop with solid side walls. 3 sheets of plywood and some skins, and that's it!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby stjohn » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:30 pm

I was just wandering if the plans eever came to life,I might build #2 by a set of plans nstead of flying by the set of my pants :lol: :lol:
Only he who attempts the ridiculous
Can achieve the impossible
stjohn
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:59 pm

stjohn wrote:I was just wandering if the plans eever came to life,I might build #2 by a set of plans nstead of flying by the set of my pants :lol: :lol:

Which plans??? The weekender? Pretty much what you see on the website here...

http://www.mikenchell.com/weekender/

Nothing as detailed as the Generic Benroy...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby stjohn » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:27 pm

Mike I just notice the button a tthe top of the page bout the time you post this
maybe my wifge is right when she says I don't pay very much attention :lol: :lol: oh well it will give me something to read tonight thanks for the other link

Mike
stjohn
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:27 am

Hey Mike,

What do you think? Enough detail in them Generic Benroy plans?

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby stjohn » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:41 am

Mike the plans on yhe Benroy are very straight forward w/ more than a enough info. for most people (I wished I would have found it before Ihad started You night want to add a stick at the top this thread for newbees to find it also I'm still finding buttons at the top of the page I did not Know where there,I'm a little slow sometimes :lol: )really like the site on the weekender I was up till 4 am reading them this morning.

Mike
Last edited by stjohn on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stjohn
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:47 pm

LOL...

There's more info here than meets the eye!!!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Generic Building Plans