Step 0: Visualizing the design

Here is a generic building plan for a teardrop designed by the members of T&TTT.

Postby toypusher » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:08 pm

MIke,

I just get 'Page not found'
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby SteveH » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:12 pm

Doesn't work for me either. :(
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:32 pm

Try it again... I typed the name wrong the first time... I've got it right now...

;)

http://www.mikenchell.com/generic_benro ... enroy1.wrl
http://www.mikenchell.com/generic_benro ... enroy2.wrl
http://www.mikenchell.com/generic_benro ... enroy3.wrl

Remember to click the study button before spinning this thing around... Also click on the fit button, in the lower right hand corner! ;)

BTW it works best in Internet Explorer... In firefox it only displays white surfaces...

Mike...

P.S. all you need to view these files is a free Internet Explorer plugin called "Cortona". You can get it here... http://www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona/
Last edited by mikeschn on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:25 pm

Mike,

That sure looks fine to me! Great job and thanks much!!! :thumbsup: :applause:

Is that 48" high total? Or 48" on top of frame?
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:48 pm

toypusher wrote:Mike,

That sure looks fine to me! Great job and thanks much!!! :thumbsup: :applause:

Is that 48" high total? Or 48" on top of frame?

The side wall is 48" high total!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:40 pm

Thanks, it does not look as long and streched out as I first thought. Hope all your terrific work on this helps someone else too!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby AmyH » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:08 am

Mike, if you were to stretch it to 10', but keep it at 4' high, do you know where the axle should be placed? I am rethinking my design, and I really like the Generic Benroy profile that you have come up with. The 9' version you did looks good to me, and I am thinking it would probably work stretched to 10'. What do you think?

Amy
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:05 am

AmyH wrote:Mike, if you were to stretch it to 10', but keep it at 4' high, do you know where the axle should be placed? I am rethinking my design, and I really like the Generic Benroy profile that you have come up with. The 9' version you did looks good to me, and I am thinking it would probably work stretched to 10'. What do you think?

Amy

Dear Amy,

Sorry to impose, I know the question was for Mike. I built a 10' trailer 4' in height with a 39" tongue. I placed my axle center at 40" from the back of the frame. I've have a tongue weight of 116# with the trailer loaded. I think the stretch would give the trailer a lower sleeker look myself, and that extra foot of space is really useful.

Steve :)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby AmyH » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:21 am

Steve, that actually helps alot, so thanks for the reply. I am thinking about putting a tongue box on, so I am wondering if I should move the axle up a little more than 40". I am not very good at figuring out how to use Andrew's spreadsheet, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Amy
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Re: Step 0: Visualizing the design

Postby moreforles » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:41 pm

[quote="mikeschn"]Here are some renderings I did for the Generic Benroy... It's not quite done, but I think you can see where I am headed with it!

Mike...

Here's a rendering.............

what program did you use to do the rendering????

I've got my plans in my head and partially to graph paper.... but don't know where to go from there...

and still havn't decided on trailer..... recyle a boat trailer, or go with single or double..... although thinking with 16' length plus tongue... double might be a necessity or at least preferable.... then whether wheels should be under trailer or outside with fenders..... width might determine that.... trailer at 6' 6" wheels sticking out further might hinder rear view of tow vehicle. (rear view camera could make that a moot point, so then it mostly about the looks or which trailer I go with...... :thinking:
moreforles
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:07 am

This rendering was done with Ironcad, but any good cad program will work.

For affordability, check into ViaCAD 2d/3d. It's only $99.

http://punchcad.com/products/viacad2d3dV6.htm

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby moreforles » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:41 pm

thanks, I'll have to give that 0ne or something similar, a look as soon as I get a little busier, I'll be glad when spring gets here, winter sucks........... I don't know how people who live in more northern or higher altitudes handle winters.... myself, I'm tired of them.... wife and I are seriously giving thought about moving to either North or South Carolina in the next year or so... enough is enough.
moreforles
Teardrop Master

Postby moreforles » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:37 pm

been playing with sketchup, and starting to get the knack.... but one question for those familiar with it..... how can I get my drawing from sketchup to my gallery or upload to thread.....??
moreforles
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:03 am

We don't have a file repository. So the best thing you can do is make a screenshot... alt-prtscn, and upload that to your album.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby moreforles » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:44 pm

mikeschn wrote:We don't have a file repository. So the best thing you can do is make a screenshot... alt-prtscn, and upload that to your album.

Mike...

I'll give that a try, thanks......
moreforles
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Generic Building Plans