Questions for Generic Benroy on 4' HF trailer

Here is a generic building plan for a teardrop designed by the members of T&TTT.

Questions for Generic Benroy on 4' HF trailer

Postby skline25 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:37 pm

I am looking to build the generic Benroy on a HF 4' X 8' trailer. Why, I have a 20% off coupon from the newspaper ad from 2 weeks ago Sunday paper and I am doing this on the cheap, since I cannot get my wife interested in teardrops. Also, since I like building things, I can then build a bigger teardrop later. Anywho, I am wondering if I need to cut down the frame the 2 inches similar to the instructions for the 5' frame? Not having the trailer in hand yet, but I noticed that the trailer has some sort of flat ends that a bolt goes through besides the top and bottom of the channel. If I cut those off does it matter for the strength of the trailer. If so are people cutting an inch from each side to retain the tabs centered for the tongue braces. I am planning on adding a center 2 X 2 metal hitch extension that i have seen on other posts. Thanks in advanced Scott
skline25
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Questions for Generic Benroy on 4' HF trailer

Postby mikeschn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Scott,

That was done so the walls could cover the frame. Take a look at some more ideas here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2987

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Generic Building Plans