12v syste.

Here is a generic building plan for a teardrop designed by the members of T&TTT.

12v syste.

Postby vitya-velik » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Can someone please look at my pictures and give me suggestions. I'm trying to hook up 12v outlets and USB ports. Do I need separate wires from them to my fuse block? I tried to use the USB port with a 20amp fuse and it blew it. ImageImageImage

In my third picture I tried to hook up all 3 to one positive and one negative wire leading to the fuse block and the ground block.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
vitya-velik
Teardrop Advisor

Re: 12v syste.

Postby MtnDon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:04 pm

It is not clear whether or not the fuse blew when you connected the wiring, or if all was okay until you plugged something in to the USB port.

Also were the meter & outlets connected to the + and - wires and to the fuse block and main negative? If they were all connected are you sure the + and - on each of the sets of + & - are not mixed up and causing a short?

Just an observation; you should probably use some spade terminals on those wire where they connect to the fuse block connections. OR, it is also not clear to see whether or not the terminals on the fuse block are made to permit sliding the wire under the metal plate and then tightening the screw. The way they are there does not appear to be much wire actually being clamped down. It almost looks like the metal plates under the screw heads have a bent lip on the outside edge. That suggests that the wires can be slid under the plate, with the screw loosened. Then tightened down.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby vitya-velik » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Weird. Now that I connected all the wires everything seems good. 12.8 volts and my phone is charging now. Same 20amp fuse.ImageImage

Guess I just needed to connect all the wires.

Thanks for the info!
Also does anyone know where to get a master switch. So I wouldn't have to disconnect the wires on my batteries.Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
vitya-velik
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Philip » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby RonS » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
RonS
Teardrop Master

Return to Generic Building Plans