The Moment Has Arrived..Along With The Trailer!!!

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

The Moment Has Arrived..Along With The Trailer!!!

Postby sandman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Well, after hee-hawing and changing plans and then changing everything again, I now have the perfect trailer for my Teardrop/Cycle Hauler. The welder finished it up a day early and told me to come on and get it. A nice 30 mile drive down to Horn Lake, MS and I arrived to see my trailer sitting on the lot in all of it's glory.

The welder really hated putting the axle 40" from the rear on a 12 foot long trailer and fought it tooth and nail. I assured him it would be ok once I get the teardrop on there. The ride home was a little nerve racking since the trailer had no lights or fenders but it tracked straight and made the 30 mile drive home with no problems where it is now lanquishing in my garage waiting to be primed and painted. Ok, enough babble, on to the pics!! :applause:
Front view with my dirtbike in the background. The bike is all excited about it's new trailer. :lol:

And a side profile showing how wierd the trailer looks with the axle slung so far back.

And a shot of the metal mesh deck from front to rear.

To save on weight, the trailer rails are all 2x3 angle and the hitch portion is 2x3 C-Channel. The front also sports a 1000lb Eclipse Jack. The tires are 15" but may be changing them out to 14"..don't know about that yet. There she is. :thumbsup:
sandman
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:09 pm

Looking good. Waiting to see how it looks with your teardrop body and your bike on there... ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby volfanatic72 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:30 pm

The new trailer looks great. I know you can't wait to get started.

Got any good pics of my new trailer so I can show it off?

Hal
volfanatic72
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:58 pm

...now...GIT BIZZY................................. 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:03 am

madjack wrote:...now...GIT BIZZY................................. 8)

:hammer: :rofl: :designing: Yeah, make some sawdust.

Hal your trailer is found here. I think
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=14086
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:57 am

You can see part of it here.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby glassice » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:10 am

Are you leaven on all the mesh?
It is not the return ON my investment that I am concerned about; it is the return OF my investment
glassice
Silver Donating Member

Postby elmo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:46 am

Looks nice Sandman! :thumbsup:

I think you and I are pretty even for getting done. I will be finishing up...hopefully...this weekend with the trailer portion. My goal is for the end of the month first week of April to be making its first trip. We need to figure out a place to meet up in between Memphis and Green Bay to go for a weekend dirt ride.

Have fun!
Elmer
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby sandman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:10 am

Hey glassice, yes I will be leaving the metal mesh in from front to back. i had the welder install instead of worrying about a wooden deck to rot plus dirtbikes get muddy and messy and it will be nice for the dirt to just fall through the mesh instead of collecting on a boarded floor only to have to be swept off. I will be treating the metal mesh with Rhino Liner Bedliner spray so the floor will not be slippery when wet plus I figured it would look cool.

I delivered volfanatic's trailer today so he is now a proud teardrop trailer owner. :applause:

Elmo-dude I would love to hook up and ride with you sometime. you should plan on coming to the Loretta Lynn Fall or Spring Ride at the end of March. It's a 3 day ride and camp-out. it's pretty much the biggest dirtbike event in Tennessee with people coming all the way from California to ride the awesome trails through the Tennessee Hills of Loretta Lynn's Ranch. There are lots of folks from Wisconsin there to ride.When I get my trailer done, lets plan a get together.
sandman
Donating Member

Postby BrianB » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:28 am

The trailer looks great -- looks like you found a good welder. Hope that mesh doesn't bite you down the road because it seems like it'll let critters and moisture build up between the trailer and teardrop. Will that bedliner fill up all of the holes, or just protect the grate?
BrianB
Teardrop Master

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets