Uncharted Territory.... as far as I have researched...

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Re: Uncharted Territory.... as far as I have researched...

Postby FLFLYIN » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:49 pm

aggie79 wrote:How about an offroad version of the Compact:

The Compact is were my ideas started. When I started looking at the hard wall pop-up idea I figured if it could work for some headroom, why not use it more for the standee height? This lead me to the A-liner and then the Pennine Artemis - Folding Caravan concepts.
FLFLYIN
Teardrop Builder

Re: Uncharted Territory.... as far as I have researched...

Postby FLFLYIN » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:03 am

Is it sad that I haven't determined the construction or Battery Capacity, but I have figured out the Paint Job? Imagine Yellow Piper Cub (Google "J-3 Cub"), Meets Jeep Wrangler, Tonka Toy, and high wall Pop-up Trailer! Are my priorities screwed up? I guess I need to get back to what plywood thickness and how much insulation should go into the floor. I'm open to suggestions on light weight insulated Floor, Wall, and Ceiling Construction.
FLFLYIN
Teardrop Builder

Uncharted Territory.... as far as I have researched...

Postby aggie79 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:55 am

FLFLYIN wrote:
aggie79 wrote:How about an offroad version of the Compact:

The Compact is were my ideas started. When I started looking at the hard wall pop-up idea I figured if it could work for some headroom, why not use it more for the standee height? This lead me to the A-liner and then the Pennine Artemis - Folding Caravan concepts.

Both of these look interesting. My wife and I have been in a few of the Aliners. An Aliner design looks like it would be really tricky to work out all of the seals, especially in a dusty environment.

If you haven't seen this already, check out Bill Livesey's Northwestern Winter Warrior build. Bill constructed this for offroad use. He lives not too far from me, so I was able to visit during construction and see his handiwork.

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=29883
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets