Ordering axle

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Ordering axle

Postby breb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:07 am

I need some input with the clearance between 205 75r14 tire ( zero off set ) and 60 1/4" frame width. The axle I'm going with is a flexiride torsion #2000 derated to #1800 and the sales guy I talked to ended with a 75 1/4" hub to hub face. He than told me that puts me at 2" of clearance between side wall of tire and frame. My math says 3.4" and do I need that for torsion arm and electric brake. It also adds to 8.1 for tire width and 3.4 my math for total of 11.5 and a wide fender. If torsion arm functions outside the tire rim and must clear frame and tire side I would understand the 3.4 of distance between side of tire and frame. This was a on the fly calculation on his part and maybe a little off when 2" clearance was stated. What's your clearance , Fender width and needed space for torsion arm to operate.
breb
Teardrop Master

Re: Ordering axle

Postby Redneck Teepee » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am

What ever brand or make of tire you choose the vendor should be able to provide you with mounted and inflated dimensions to use with this chart. From there it's simple math.
http://www.volvoadventures.com/wheels/wheel.html :thumbsup: Good Luck!
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Re: Ordering axle

Postby breb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:49 am

Redneck Teepee thank you for the link to the tire info. That's not what I was really looking for out of my post. It was the distance I need to hub face from mounting bracket with the tire I stated (tire's already acquired ). I already know the distance of half the tire with zero offset 4.05 , do I incorporate the width of the torsion arm into that calculation or does the torsion arm sit inside the rim as it functions?
breb
Teardrop Master

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets