Utility trailer use

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Utility trailer use

Postby fourbtgait » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Using an existing utility trailer for a base. The benroy will sit on top, able to be removed when the trailer is needed.
Looking for thoughts, ideas of attachment to the trailer. The stake pockets have a bottom plate in them to accept a 5/16" bolt.
1. An angle sub frame on top of the stake poket brackets. The angle would go down down on the outside of the pockets, helping to hold it in place. Wood floor bolt to it, bolts down thru the stake pocket. Angle would provide a place to use for lifting it off rhe trailer quickly.
2. Short c channels that go into the stake pocket, bolt down like the side rails do. Have a short plate on top to bolt the wood floor to.
3. Lol, lag bolt it directly to the 2x6 treated floor of the trailer.
fourbtgait
Teardrop Master

Re: Utility trailer use

Postby fourbtgait » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Ok, guess I have to resize the photos, they did not attach.
Attachments
image.tiff
image.tiff (152.42 KiB) Viewed 712 times
image.tiff
image.tiff (197.47 KiB) Viewed 712 times
fourbtgait
Teardrop Master

Re: Utility trailer use

Postby ae6black » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:45 pm

I have a 4 X 8 TD that I offload with a couple of come alongs once or twice a year when I need the trailer that it's sitting on. Sorry I never took any pics just winch the thing off on a wooden frame that I back up to, offload and go. Generally takes me about an hour. Not much to my design. If my pic posts with this you'll see a large black box on the front. Not only is this for counter weight since I didn't move the axle when I built the TD but I use it to store chain saw and gas and other gear when I am working at relative's homes on their trees or what not. There is just some things that I don't like storing in the TD because I don't like smelling them and because they might be a bit unhealthy to be around in a closed up space. It would be nice to have a dedicated trailer for the TD but I just don't have space.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets