Harbor Freight on sale

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Harbor Freight on sale

Postby Kim Armstrong » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Was in HF today and seen they are clearing out the non folding 4x8 17?? Trailers with the solid round axle for 299.95. Not sure if all stores have them but little rock AR. does
Kim Armstrong
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Re: Harbor Freight on sale

Postby WizardOfOdds » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:22 am

Was in HF today and seen they are clearing out the non folding 4x8 17?? Trailers with the solid round axle for 299.95. Not sure if all stores have them but little rock AR. does

I drove the 20 mile round trip with over 40 lights/stops to try to get one. I asked for SKU 94564 and they checked the stock and said they had it. So then they bring out the boxes and I immediately knew it was not that trailer. So they told me it was the "other trailer" (the display sign and "TAKE ONE" card listed two SKU numbers, 94564 and 69897). Since they took the "TAKE ONE" card from me to check stock, I assumed they meant the other listed trailer for $299. Well it rings up at over $400 (with sales tax). So I said the sign says $299 and the manager of the store goes back to the display with me. He says they haven't had either in over a year. So I suggested they take down the sign and the packet of "TAKE ONE" cards with the SKUs and bar codes. He told me they have no power to do so. So I called another not-too-far away store and give them just the SKU numbers, they have neither and say none of the area stores have any. So good luck and don't get your hopes up until you see the actual boxes with the correct SKU.
WizardOfOdds: Chalet shaped rag roof clam shell TIER drop for 4 cylinder tow
Tip Top Tier Drop thread http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56232
Unusual Designs thread http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64495
Tale of 2 Trailers thread http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=61451
WizardOfOdds
Teardrop Master

Postby Kim Armstrong » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:13 pm

Like I said not sure if all stores have them. My store had three. I bought one six years ago and they told me they were out of the skull number I wanted and didn't know if they would be getting any more . I told them which one I was looking for and they had one but it had a sku number they didn't have on file. They seem to change numbers a lot.
Kim Armstrong
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby thesaltydog24 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:19 am

They were clearanced out when the new folding one was released around December of 2015, most stores are at 0 now but you can call up your local HF and ask them to search stores nearby within 150-200 miles I think. Then you can call that store to have them physically check the on hand before going. Ask them to hold it too, most stores will hold an item if your going to be there that day or early the next morning. If your really luck you can pick one up on the last day of the parking lot sale when all clearance items also referred to as red tag items during the parking lot sale are 50% off. This will drop that 299 price down to around 150. That's what I did and I picked up two of them.
Hope this helps.
thesaltydog24
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets