Which TC trailer??

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Which TC trailer??

Postby rampage » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:29 pm

I'm new to this forum. I found it through another building forum i go to. I'm reading all I can to get enough info to get started on my first TD. I plan on ordering the Kuffelcreek plans and building the Cubby. I'm furtunate to have a HF and a TC in my area. The question I have is...if you custom order the 5X8 from TC, are you having them widen the 4X8 with the 12" tires, or are you ordering their 5X8 with the 13" tires just without the ramp and deck? Thanks guys.
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
rampage
Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:38 pm

rampage,

Welcome to the board!

If you are building the 4x8 Cubby then I would recommend that you use the TSC 4x8 nodeck model. If you want 5x8 then special order the 5x8 trailer with larger wheels. JMO!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:21 pm

Rampage, welcome to the board...if you check "rich's list" at the top, it contains the sku# for the no floor trailer which can be custom ordered thru TSC from their manufacturer(Carry-On Trailers)...this trailer is not carried on their website and some stores have to be prompted to do this...don't forget to take lottsa pics as you build, to prove you built it and to share with us...'cause we really do luv da pics
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby larryl » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Rampage:

I used the Cubby plans and the TSC 5X8 trailer, no deck nor sides. My trailer came standard with 12" rims.

Never considered the 13"... just did not think about it, I guess. The trailer tows great and we have towed it over 2000 miles without a problem.

LarryL
larryl
Teardrop Master

Postby rampage » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:45 pm

Thanks for the replies. Larry, did you have them move the axle or anyother mods?
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
rampage
Donating Member

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:31 pm

while along the same thoughts here... I was at Lowe's this evening and looked at there over priced trailers 5x9 somewhere in the neighborhood of $600. That's when I noticed something I had never noticed before. They are Carry-On brand.
So my question is, has anyone tried to order one though Lowe's? Meaning anyone not having a TSC nearby, or other options.
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:02 am

Steve
Lots of places carry Carry-on trailers, Lowes. Pep Boys. I've even seen them at single location stores/suppliers i.e. Franklin trailer, E.C. Keeler. There around. But tractor Supply has the most reasonable mark up.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby rampage » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:02 pm

Well, i recieved my Cubby plans yesterday (got em in 2 days!). I've decided to order the 5X8 red trailer for my project. I decided on it because if I dont like it for the TD, I could always use a folding utility trailer around the house. This obsesion with the TD is going fast for me. I'm alredy thinking about what my 2nd TD will be...lol. Is this normal??
rampage
Donating Member

Postby PaulC » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:23 pm

Welcome to the mayhem. All the emotions you are about to endure are quite "normal" for anyone who chooses to join this forum. You are now actively involved with the greatest and most knowledgeable bunch of luna........s, that I have ever had the pleasure of being involved with. Do not fear your thoughts, or theirs, you have set out on a path that few dare to travel. Have fun and, yes, I have just completed my first and already have the plans on the table for the second. Enjoy.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:26 pm

toypusher wrote:rampage,

Welcome to the board!

If you are building the 4x8 Cubby then I would recommend that you use the TSC 4x8 nodeck model. If you want 5x8 then special order the 5x8 trailer with larger wheels. JMO!

Are the details for those trailers in Rich's list?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:31 pm

Mike,

They seem to be:

A popular Tractor Supply trailer, I believe this one has to be special ordered at the store:
Carry-On trailer 4X8 with no floor SKU #1000215, 1500lb GVW, 5 lug 4.5 center
wheels, lights, wired, safety chains, assembled & ready to go. These can be ordered in
other sizes too if you can find a co-operative sales person.
toypusher
Site Admin

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets