Sam's Club Trailer

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Sam's Club Trailer

Postby MikeDrz » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:05 am

I noticed a 4.5' by 8' @ my local sams club on the way out the door yesterday. I did not stop as i was wrestling 3 carts and 2 kids out the door. it was $680 i think, looked very sturdy, had metal sides and a mesh ramp tailgate... they looked like they all would come off.

any one given this trailer a closer look?
Michael Drzewiecki
--------------------------------------------------------
Teardrop Dreamer - Cargo Converter

Click here to check out Cargo Conversions...its hip to be Square!!!

:)
MikeDrz
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:23 am

Mike, my local Sam's sells a Snowbear trailer that sounds like that one...a couple of thoughts...about 200 bucks too much, a TSC custom would only run around 450 and the strength/weight/heft of the trailer is probably about 2X what you need...having said that, it would make a good start...I don't remember who but someone here modded a Snowbear for their build
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby MikeDrz » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:57 am

I had the same thoughts... order a 5X8 version of the 4X8 standard TSC frame.. i would go price it out, but theres over a foot of snow so far, and its still going strong... guess i have enough to build a snowdrop!

madjack wrote:Mike, my local Sam's sells a Snowbear trailer that sounds like that one...a couple of thoughts...about 200 bucks too much, a TSC custom would only run around 450 and the strength/weight/heft of the trailer is probably about 2X what you need...having said that, it would make a good start...I don't remember who but someone here modded a Snowbear for their build
madjack 8)
Michael Drzewiecki
--------------------------------------------------------
Teardrop Dreamer - Cargo Converter

Click here to check out Cargo Conversions...its hip to be Square!!!

:)
MikeDrz
Donating Member

Postby weasel » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:48 am

$680 is to much, if you can't build youself go with the HF.
weasel
Donating Member

Postby TomS » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:20 am

There's always the 5x8 Red Trailer. See my web site (URL below) for detailed photos of of my build with the Red Trailer.

That said, had I known about the 5x8 TSC trailers when I built mine, there's a good chance that I would have used it.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby cracker39 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:04 pm

My home-built 5' x9' has a total cost for materials and parts of about $650, and that's all 1/8" and 3/16" 2"x2" tubluar except for a couple of angle floor supports, and has a torsion axle and 13" wheels and tires. I don't have any welding costs as my son-in-law did it (except for buying a replacement nozzle for the welder, before Ira catches me with a hidden cost I am not disclosing, so add another $11). I'd say that my chassis is twice as strong as the HF or TSC, much more than needed for a TD. This is just comparing costs to that Sams trailer.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:46 am

madjack wrote:I don't remember who but someone here modded a Snowbear for their build madjack 8)

I think it was Fornesto and someone else too. I think a builder from Alaska?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets