HF Super Duty Folding Trailer detailed measurements?

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

HF Super Duty Folding Trailer detailed measurements?

Postby ronheins » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:41 am

After scouring the forums, I've decided I either don't know how to use the search function, or just maybe the information is that hard to find. So please forgive me if this information is readily available, but if not, here goes.

I'm trying to design a simple tiny trailer. I'd like to keep it light for smaller car towing, but I also need to have a queen mattress in it. So the box will be 8ft long x 5ft wide x 4ft tall. I'm hoping to build it on a HF Super Duty Folding Trailer, the current 1720 lbs capacity version. Part of the reason is availability, but the main reason is that I'd prefer to have the wheels under the camper sides.

That left me wondering about a number of measurements on the trailer, primarily, how high I need to have the bottom of the floor to clear the top of the wheels at full spring compression. I'd also like to consider using the original fenders, having the bottom of the floor basically touching the top of the fenders.

The more I got into the design, the more I wanted to know about the precise measurements of the trailer. (And maybe there are some other designers who would like to know as well.) Since I don't currently live in the USA, I can't go look at one and do the measurements myself. So if anyone is inclined to provide some measurements as shown in the picture below, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Ron

HF Super Duty Trailer 1720 mearsurments 2.jpg
HF Super Duty Trailer 1720 mearsurments 2.jpg (67.44 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
ronheins
Teardrop Inspector

Re: HF Super Duty Folding Trailer detailed measurements?

Postby Spotman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Would be good to know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Re: HF Super Duty Folding Trailer detailed measurements?

Postby greygoos » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:38 pm

Read through the trailer and chassis secrets. I have come across some of that info before.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets